This Week in Mediation #831
May 27, 2020 - OUR 25TH YEAR!
|In This Issue:
ODR Tips and Tricks • To Mediate (out of) Corona • Fostering Mediation in the Middle East Construction Industry • Surviving the Pandemic - Advice from 74 Family Experts • Co-parenting and COVID-19 • Mediation News • Job Postings • Events Calendar • Blogs
|ODR Tips and Tricks
by Giovanni Matteucci
With the COVID-19 pandemic and everybody home, Internet becomes the highway of contact with the world. And, in mediation, mass transmigration to ODR.
|To Mediate (out of) Corona
by Orit Asnin
What can be learnt from mediation practices, towards handling the Corona challenges?
|FRESH OUT OF THE OVEN! MEDIATING ONLINE: FAMILY & DIVORCE MEDIATION
with Michael Aurit, Jim Melamed, Colin Rule and Clare Fowler
Introductory Price This Week! - Save $100! This training is for family mediators interested in most capably extending your family mediation practice to offer online services. This 20-hour course includes all training materials, 6 months' access, and qualifies for Mediate.com's Online Family Mediator Certification. See the Detailed Course Schedule and Testimonials!
|Fostering Mediation in the Middle East Construction Industry
by Rafat Sweileh
Whilst the construction industry worldwide is plagued by disputes, construction disputes in the Middle East have two distinct characteristics.
|Surviving the Pandemic - Advice from 74 Family Experts
by Michael Lang
In this outstanding collection of essays, there are tips for managing disagreements, guidelines for handling children’s needs, information about finances, and even a recipe for Quarantine Cookies.
|Co-parenting and COVID-19
by Amanda Singer
This is an unknown and challenging time for everyone, as there are so many changes. For those who are co-parenting in separate households, it can be even more difficult to try to navigate these times.
|NEW STREAMING: MEDIATING ONLINE: eCommerce, Property & Workplace Disputes
with Jim Melamed, Colin Rule and Clare Fowler!
Introductory Price Ends FRIDAY! - Save $100! This training is for mediators interested in most capably extending your mediation practice to offer online services. This 20-hour course includes all training materials, 6 months' access, and qualifies for Mediate.com's Online Mediator Certification. See the Detailed Course Schedule and Testimonials!
|FEATURED MEDIATION BLOGS
Read All Featured Blogs
|PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP & FEATURED MEDIATOR PLACEMENT
Optimize your online presence! Mediate.com is the #1 Mediation Website in the World! Join Mediate.com as a Premium Member and Featured Mediator - Only $65/mo or $650/yr for both during May! ENDS FRIDAY!
|MEDIATION IN TODAY'S NEWS
READ ALL MEDIATION NEWS
|MEDIATE UNIVERSITY- 20% OFF EVERY COURSE DURING MAY
All Mediate University online courses are 20% off during May at: www.Mediate.com/University. 6 Month Access!
|JOBS (for Premium Members) Post New Job Listings
Read All Jobs
- Family Law/Probate Mediator - Kern County, CA
- Mediator - Kern County, CA
- Conflicts Analyst - NY
- Mediator - TX
- Mediations Manager - TX and IA
- Mediation Coordinator - OR
- Fellows Program - NY
- Human Resources Specialist - WA
|CASELOAD MANAGER: #1 Case Management Platform for Mediation, Ombuds & ODR
Caseload Manager is the proven secure cloud-based case management system for Mediation, Ombuds and ODR programs and practices. Caseload Manager is used by over 170 mediation, ombuds and ODR programs, including 5 statewide systems, NASA, the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the International Red Cross, and ICANN! See our Representative Clients and arrange for a personal tour of Caseload Manager today!
|TRAINING AND CONFERENCE CALENDAR
- June 1-5 - Macon GA - Domestic & Family Mediation Training
- June 1-10 - ONLINE VA - Online - Mediation Skills and Process
- June 2-5 - Fairfax VA - Mediation Skills and Process
- June 2-5 - North Haven CT - CONFLICT MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE JUNE 2-5
- June 3-10 - San Francisco CA - Mastering the Fundamentals of Mediation
- June 4-23 - ONLINE - Virtual Conflict Management Coaching Workshop
- June 5-14 - ONLINE CA - The Basics of Mediation
- June 10-August 26 - ONLINE - ODR Practitioner Certification Program
- June 15-17 - Austin Area TX - 30 Hour Advanced Mediation Training
- June 15-26 - ONLINE FL - Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediation Training
- June 15-19 - Oshkosh WI - 40 Hour Mediation Training
- June 16-17 - Macon GA - Domestic & Family Mediation Practicum
- June 19-August 14 - ONLINE CA - Summer 2020 Professional Skills Series - Five Online Courses
- June 22-26 - ONLINE VA - Online - Managing Difficult Conversations
- June 24-28 - ONLINE FL - Florida Supreme Court Civil Mediation Certification Training 40 hours (5 days)
- June 24-August 1 - ONLINE - Online Basic Mediation 40 Hour Accredited Course
- June 25 - Fairfax VA - 8Hr General District Court Mediation Observation Training
- June 25 - ONLINE - NY - Selected Ethics Issues in Mediation & Settlement Negotiations
- July 1-30 - ONLINE TX - Basic Mediation 40 Hour Online Course
- July 7-August 1 - ONLINE FL - Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediation Training Program
- July 12-17 - Macon GA - Civil Mediation Training & Practicum
- July 14-16 - Dallas TX - Family Mediation Training (30 Hours)
- July 23-August 7 - ONLINE CA - Mediating the Litigated Case
- July 23-25 - ONLINE FL - Florida Supreme Court Certified County Mediation Training Program
Editors: Jim Melamed and Clare Fowler. We welcome comments and feedback. Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage you to write an article for This Week in Mediation. Please review our submission guidelines.
This Week in Mediation is distributed to over 21,000 opt-in mediators and ADR professionals. You can include a 100-word newsletter announcement in This Week in Mediation with a headline, link and contact information for $499. There is no faster or better way to reach the mediation and ADR fields. More information is here.