This Week in Mediation #719
March 14, 2018
Celebrating Our 23rd Year Membership information
|In This Issue:
Negotiating Like a Woman - How Gender Impacts Communication between the Sexes • Top Ten Ways To Protect Your Kids From The Fallout Of A High Conflict Break-Up • The Joy Of Impasse: The Neuroscience Of ‘Insight’ And Creative Problem Solving • Small Claims Courts 2.0 - Online Dispute Resolution in Action at Franklin County Municipal Court • Damage Quantification in Delaware for Breaches of Contract in Post-Merger Litigation • Interview with John Helie • Mediation News • Job Postings • Events Calendar • Blogs
|Interview with John Helie|
This is the complete interview by Robert Benjamin with John Helie, founder of ConflictNet and co-founder of Mediate.com, filmed as part of Mediate.com's 'Views from the Eye of the Storm' Video Series.
Negotiating Like a Woman - How Gender Impacts Communication between the Sexes|
by Jan Frankel Schau and Nina Meierding
Anyone who has ever been married will admit that men and women argue differently. It should be no surprise to learn that women and men negotiate differently as well.
|Top Ten Ways To Protect Your Kids From The Fallout Of A High Conflict Break-Up|
by Joan B. Kelly, Ph.D.
Joan is an author, therapist, mediator, and parenting coordinator with four decades of experience working with high conflict parents who are separating.
|Join Mediate.com as Premium Member and Featured Mediator|
The Mediate.com Directory is the most used mediator directory in the world. Save $171 this week on our most effective combination of Premium Membership plus Featured Mediator Placement in your home area code. Order at: www.mediate.com/Membership
|The Joy Of Impasse: The Neuroscience Of ‘Insight’ And Creative Problem Solving|
by Robert Benjamin
Most novice and experienced conflict mediators alike feel themselves viscerally tighten in the face of an impending impasse. However, current studies in neuroscience suggest that frustration can be useful in fomenting creative problem solving.
|Case Management for College and University Ombuds|
by Clare Fowler, Jim Melamed
Academic (college and university) Ombuds Offices have unique needs for managing personal and case information.
|Small Claims Courts 2.0 - Online Dispute Resolution in Action at Franklin County Municipal Court|
by Giuseppe Leone
For decades now, small claims courts have been offering a great service to our society. But now that most of us have a smart-phone, they can do an even better job.
|Damage Quantification in Delaware for Breaches of Contract in Post-Merger Litigation|
by Arthur Rosenbloom
The article develops the question of whether damages for cases sounding in tort should be treated differently from those sounding in contract.
|Free Caseload Manager Ombuds Webinar - Tuesday, April 10|
Do you have questions about managing your case data? Personal data? Archiving/Backing Up? Running reports? Keeping your data secure? Join us on Tuesday April 10 at 10 am Pacific, 1 pm Eastern. Register here.
|Featured Mediation Blogs
Read All Featured Blogs
|4 Game-Changing Tips to Build Your Divorce Mediation Practice|
Online 1.5 hour Course by Michael Aurit
Consider these 4 Game Changing Tips for developing a more successful divorce mediation practice.
|This Week’s Mediation News (read & search all News at: www.mediate.com/Today)
Read All News
|Affordable Online Mediation Education, CLE & CEU |
Affordable and convenient online mediation training and continuing education opportunities are available at: www.mediate.com/University. See our new courses!
|Jobs (for Premium Members) Post New Job Listings
Read All Jobs
- Associate Ombuds - CA
- Investigation and Resolutions Specialist - WA
- EEO Specialist - DC
- Senior Human Resources Advisor - WA
- Court Mediator - IN
- Labor Agreement Specialist - WA
- Trial Court Administrator - ID
- Education Mediation Specialist - MD
- Program Associate - CO
|Training & Conference Calendar
Visit Complete Calendar
- March 15-24 - Lexington, MA - Divorce Mediation Training with John Fiske and Diane Neumann
- March 17 - Orlando, FL - Pro Se Divorce Mediation Workshop
- March 19-24 - Memphis, TN - Family Mediation Traning 46 hours
- March 20-22 - Denver, CO - Certified Trainer in Workplace Conflict Resolution (CT)
- March 21-22 - Austin, TX - 20-hour Arbitration Training
- March 25-28 - Troutdale, OR - Capacity Building in Environmental Conflict: An Intensive 30-hour Workshop
- March 27 - New York NY - Neuroscience in Mediation and Negotiation
- March 31-April 16 - St. Johnsbury VT - Divorce Mediation Training, 40 hours
- April 2-6 - Macon GA - General Civil Mediation Training & Practicum
- April 4-7 - Washington DC - ABA Section on Dispute Resolution Annual Conference
- April 5-6 - Corte Madera CA - Advanced Mediation Training with Steven Rosenberg
- April 9-13 - Washington DC - Certified Workplace Mediator and Trainer Program (CMT)
- April 10 - Nashville, TN - NCRC Lunch & Learn
- April 10-14 - Los Angeles, CA - Mediating Commercial and Litigated Cases with Lee Jay Berman
- April 10-28 - Santa Ana CA - 40 Hour Basic Mediation Training
- April 12-15 - San Antonio TX - 40-Hour Basic Mediation Training
- April 12-May 24 - Online - Conflict Management Coaching: The CINERGY Model
- April 12-21 - Victor NY - ACR-Approved Family & Divorce Mediation Training
- April 16-20 - Austin Area TX - Mediators & Arbitrators of America (aka Mediators of Texas)
- April 16-20 - Chicago IL - Mediation Skills Training Certificate Program
- April 16-18 - San Antonio TX - Advanced Family Mediation Training
- April 16-19 - New York NY - Employment Law and Workplace Mediation Training
- April 16-20 - Austin, TX - Mediators & Arbitrators of America (aka Mediators of Texas)
- April 17-21 - Reno NV - 40-Hour Beginning Mediation and Conflict Resolution Certificate
- April 19-23 - Kensington MD - 40-Hour Basic Divorce Mediation Training
- April 20-21 - Richmond VA - Conflict: Theory and Applications for the Organizational Ombudsman (2 days)
- April 20-21 - Indianapolis IN - Advanced Mediator Training
- April 20-22 - Richmond VA - Foundations of Organizational Ombudsman Practice (3 days)
- April 21 - Orlando FL - Pro Se Divorce Mediation Training
- April 22 - Richmond VA - Foundations of Organizational Ombudsman Course (3 days)
- April 23-25 - Richmond VA - International Ombudsman Association 13th Annual Conference
- April 24 - Des Plaines, IA - Interest-Based Collaboration
- April 24-26 - New Orleans LA - Certified Trainer in Workplace Conflict Resolution (CT)
- April 27-May 6 - Miami, Broward County FL - Civil Mediation Certification Training (40 hrs)
- April 30-May 2 - Austin Area TX - 30 Hour Advanced Mediation Training
- May 1-3 - Newton MA - Elder Decisions® Elder Mediation Training (Adult Family Mediation Training)
- May 3-18 - Ann Arbor MI - 48 Hour Divorce Mediation + Domestic Violence Screening Training with Zena Zumeta
- May 6-9 - Denver CO - Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts Annual Conference
Editors: Jim Melamed and Clare Fowler. We welcome comments and feedback. Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage you to write an article for This Week in Mediation. Please review our submission guidelines.
This Week in Mediation is distributed to over 26,000 opt-in mediators and ADR professionals. You can include a 100-word newsletter announcement in This Week in Mediation with a headline, link and contact information for $499. There is no faster or better way to reach the mediation and ADR fields. More information is here.