This Week in Mediation #857
November 25, 2020 - OUR 25TH YEAR!
|In This Issue:
Humor and Negotiations in ADR • Lawyers Can Win in Mediation • Online Mediation Training at Mediate University • A Process for the Formulation of a School's Change Strategy • In Memoriam: Dr. Jerome Thomas Barrett 1932-2020 • Mediation News • Job Postings • Events Calendar • Blogs
|Humor and Negotiations in ADR
by John Barkai
John Barkai has pulled together his best cartoons and captions to illustrate the mediation process. This can be a tool for visual learners to move through impasse.
|Lawyers Can Win in Mediation
by Laila Ollapally
This article discusses the process of mediation, and how a survey which brought out an existing anomaly between the need/expectation of the litigants regarding the role of their lawyers and the perception of the lawyers as to what their clients want from them.
|Online Mediation Training at Mediate University
by Colin Rule
One of Mediate.com’s most popular features over the last decade has been Mediate University. From its launch with just a few courses in (2010), Mediate University has grown to a rich repository of courses from many of the leading mediation trainers in the world.
|A Process for the Formulation of a School's Change Strategy
by John Brand, Felicity Steadman
Many South African Schools are facing demands to change and even to radically transform themselves. Some of these demands relate to the ‘isms’ such as racism, and other identity related issues.
|MEDIATE PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP SALE EXTENDED TO NOVEMBER 20!
Thanksgiving Holiday Special: Our special new member rates are now good until November 30!
|In Memoriam: Dr. Jerome Thomas Barrett 1932-2020
Dr. Jerome Thomas Barrett, a lifelong learner, amateur boxer, sailor, mediator, world traveler, marathon runner, author, civic activist and archivist with an enduring zest for life, an endless supply of stories and an infectious smile, died Nov. 5 of complications from lymphoma. He was 87.
|CHECK OUT THE NEW MEDIATE UNIVERSITY AT MediateUniversity.com
Over 30 Courses and 6 Month Course Access!
Group Discounts - Now Available - CLE/CEU Credit
Use COUPON CODE "MEDIATE" to save 10% During November!
|FEATURED MEDIATION BLOGS
Read All Featured Blogs
|CASELOAD MANAGER: #1 Case Management Platform for Mediation, Ombuds & ODR
Caseload Manager is the proven secure cloud-based case management system for Mediation, Ombuds and ODR programs and practices. Caseload Manager is used by over 170 mediation, ombuds and ODR programs, including 5 statewide systems, NASA, the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the International Red Cross, and ICANN! See our Representative Clients and arrange for a personal tour of Caseload Manager today!
|MEDIATION IN TODAY'S NEWS
Read All Mediation News
|JOBS (for Premium Members) Post New Job Listings
Read All Jobs
- Staff Ombuds Officer - MD
- Student Trainee - NY
- Executive Director - NV
- Mediator (Part or Full Time) (Initially Remote) - NY, NJ, PA
- Complaint Investigator - CA
- Political Affairs Officer - NY
- Mediation Coordinator - OR
- Fellows Program - NY
|TRAINING AND CONFERENCE CALENDAR
See Complete Calendar
- November 26 - ONLINE - Applying the Principle of Self Determination in Family Mediation
- December 2-4 - ONLINE CA - Women's Negotiation Academy: Creating Skilled and Sophisticated Negotiators
- December 2-8 - ONLINE TX - Basic Mediation Training ZOOM LIVE and INTERACTIVE
- December 2-19 - ONLINE MA - Elder Decisions® Elder Mediation Training (Adult Family Mediation Training)
- December 3-14 - ONLINE TX - Fast Track Online Basic Mediation Course
- December 4 - ONLINE CA - Developing Your Collaborative Practice Signature
- December 5 - ONLINE CA - Intermediate Conflict Coaching
- December 6 - ONLINE CA - Belonging & Connecting Conversations for Peacebuilding
- December 7-11 - Austin Area TX - 40 Basic Mediation Training
- December 10 - ONLINE VA - Managing Difficult Conversations: How to Make them Less Difficult
- December 11 - ONLINE TX - Arbitration Training ONLINE with ZOOM: live and interactive
- December 11-13 - ONLINE OK - 24-hour Civil Mediation Training – using Zoom
- January 11-12 - ONLINE TX - 20 Hour Child Protective Services Mediation Training
- January 14 - ONLINE VA - Your Brain (and Body) on Conflict!
- January 15 - ONLINE AZ - Third Annual Schiefelbein Global Dispute Resolution Conference
Editors: Jim Melamed and Clare Fowler. We welcome comments and feedback. Send your comments to email@example.com. We encourage you to write an article for This Week in Mediation.
Please review our submission guidelines. This Week in Mediation is distributed to over 20,000 opt-in mediators and ADR professionals.
You can include a 100-word newsletter announcement in This Week in Mediation with a headline, link and contact information for $499. There is no faster or better way to reach the mediation and ADR fields. More information is here.