This Week in Mediation #817
February 19, 2020 - OUR 25TH YEAR!
|In This Issue:
How Do You Handle a Pathological Liar at Work? • Measuring Success in Mediation: An Outline • Self Improvement Journey • What Is A "High Conflict Divorce," Anyway? • Mediation News • Job Postings • Events Calendar • Blogs
|How Do You Handle a Pathological Liar at Work?|
by Kathleen Kauth
Have you ever worked with someone who talked about experiences that seemed far-fetched, but you couldn't pin down what was off?
|Measuring Success in Mediation: An Outline|
by Georg Stratemeyer
The purpose of this article is to review relevant literature on measuring success in mediations with the intent to offer recommendations for the improvement of mediation practice and to provide information to ADR program design professionals.
|PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP & FEATURED PLACEMENT FEBRUARY OFFERS|
February Savings: Join Mediate as a Premium Member and/or become a Featured Mediator at 20% off during February! See: www.mediate.com/Services.
|Self Improvement Journey|
by Ira Glick
A core belief in many traditions holds that the human condition is "dynamic" i.e., not a "static state".
|What Is A "High Conflict Divorce," Anyway?|
by Carrie Gour
Kathleen Wells, lead partner at Wells Family Law shares how to identify a high conflict personality, the characteristics of a typical high conflict divorce file, and suggestions on how clients can best manage both.
|Optimizing Family Mediation - Today and Tomorrow with Jim Melamed - March 20 Workshop in Scottsdale, AZ|
The Maricopa County Association of Family Mediators invites you to a special workshop : Optimizing Family Mediation - Today and Tomorrow with Jim Melamed, J.D., CEO of Mediate.com. This workshop provides a structure and set of concepts and techniques for best supporting participants working together to achieve maximized results. â€¨We will also explore most capably integrating the internet into your family mediation practice and offering mediation services online. Registration ends March 16th. Space is limited. Register HERE
|FEATURED MEDIATION BLOGS
Read All Featured Blogs |
|TAKE CARE OF YOUR ANNUAL CLE/CEU AT MEDIATE UNIVERSITY - 20% OFF EVERY COURSE DURING FEBRUARY|
All Mediate University online courses are 20% off if ordered during February at: www.Mediate.com/University.
6 Month Access! Special offers this month:
|MEDIATION IN TODAY'S NEWS
READ ALL MEDIATION NEWS
Shaheen Bagh protesters mull strategy to talk to SC-appointed mediation panel
Protest organisers held multiple meetings to decide who should represent them at talks and whether a section of the road should be cleared to prevent traffic jams.
A rundown of common mediation mistakes
Unrealistic expectations make for a lengthier, bumpy process.In many cases, lawyers are failing to use mediation effectively and doing a disservice to their clients.
Mediation Spares Tenant Court Fight
Dara Rose has a month to move out of her Mandy Management-owned apartment in Newhallville — and she is happy about that, after fighting her eviction in court.
The U.S. Department of Justice is trying to mediate the Civil Rights Commission dispute. That effort's now in jeopardy.
The public revelation of a confidential meeting to resolve the membership dispute on the Civil Rights Commission is unraveling a last-ditch effort to settle the conflict out of court.
America’s Cup: A successful mediation
Following a successful mediation, the America’s Cup Defender and Challenger of Record have come to an agreement on the Match Conditions for the 36th America’s Cup presented by Prada.
Mediation ordered in tribes’ request for compact interpretation
OKLAHOMA CITY – A federal court has ordered mediation in the case of the Cherokee Nation and four other tribal governments in Oklahoma that requested a legal determination of whether the tribes’ gaming compacts with the state have expired.
Presidio trains new collateral mediators
PRESIDIO OF MONTEREY, Calif. – The Army’s top conflict resolution specialists descended upon the Presidio of Monterey Equal Opportunity Office to certify the post’s newest batch of collateral duty mediators last month. “We’re doing a 40 hour course in basic mediation training,” said Marc Van Nuys, the Army’s director for alternative dispute resolution out of Arlington, Virginia and head instructor for the training team. “The focus is on workplace disputes.”
Bankruptcy court approves McClatchy’s mediation request, fueling hope of resolution
A federal bankruptcy judge on Tuesday ruled that McClatchy Co. can enter mediation with its creditors in two weeks, keeping alive hopes of a timely restructuring of the nation’s second-largest local media company while giving a key government agency time to look into a transaction it has questioned.
|CASELOAD MANAGER: #1 Case Management Platform for Mediation, Ombuds & ODR|
Caseload Manager is now used by over 160 mediation, ombuds and ODR programs, including 5 statewide systems, NASA, the International Monetary Fund (IMF), International Red Cross, and ICANN itself! See our Representative Clients and arrange for your personal tour of Caseload Manager today!
|JOBS (for Premium Members) Post New Job Listings
Read All Jobs
- Equal Employment Specialist - AK
- ADR Program Manager - DC
- Case Management Supervisor - OR
- Mediation Coordinator - OR
- Fellows Program - NY
- Human Resources Specialist - WA
|TRAINING AND CONFERENCE CALENDAR
- February 20-21 - Berkeley CA - Negotiating Effective Environmental Agreements
- February 24-28 - Macon GA - Domestic & Family Mediation Training
- February 24-27 - Ottawa ON Canada - Conflict Management Coaching Workshop
- February 24-29 - Los Angeles CA - 40-Hour Basic Mediation Training
- February 25-March 4 - New York NY - Basic Mediation Training: Conflict Resolution Theory & Techniques
- March 4-6 - Houston TX - Advanced Mediation: Family-Divorce-Child Custody Training
- March 5-9 - Rockville MD - 40-Hour Basic Mediation Training
- March 6 - Houston TX - Domestic Violence for Advance Family Training required by TX legislation
- March 7-April 4 - San Francisco CA - Ron's Mediator Certificate Training at BASF
- March 10-13 - Fairfax VA - Mediation Skills and Process
- March 11-20 - Corte Madera CA - 40 hour Mediation Training with Steven Rosenberg
- March 12-13 - Macon GA - Domestic & Family Mediation Training
- March 16-18 - Austin Area TX - 30 Hour Advanced Mediation Training
- March 18 - New York NY - Neuroscience in Mediation and Negotiation
- March 20 - Richmond VA - Dispute Resolution Summit
- March 26-27 - Corte Madera CA Advanced Mediation Training with Steven Rosenberg
- March 27 - Fairfax VA - Orientation to the Virginia Judicial System
- March 27-28 - Houston TX - Parenting Coordination and Facilitation Training
- March 30-April 1 - Portland OR - International Ombudsman Association Annual Conference
- March 30-April 3 - Macon GA - Civil Mediation Training & Practicum
Editors: Jim Melamed and Clare Fowler. We welcome comments and feedback. Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage you to write an article for This Week in Mediation. Please review our submission guidelines.
This Week in Mediation is distributed to over 20,000 opt-in mediators and ADR professionals. You can include a 100-word newsletter announcement in This Week in Mediation with a headline, link and contact information for $499. There is no faster or better way to reach the mediation and ADR fields. More information is here.