This Week in Mediation #731
June 13, 2018
Celebrating Our 23rd Year Membership information
|In This Issue:
“Trusting” the Expert • Planners are No Long Generalists with a Specialty • Responsibility in Mediation: Who has it? • Interview with Andrew Schepard • Mediation News • Job Postings • Events Calendar • Blogs
|"Mediate.com epitomizes what futurists envisioned the internet would be. It is an information repository where knowledge is openly provided by and accessible to all, ultimately making the world a better place." |
See: All Mediate.com Testimonials
|Mediate.com is the Most Visited ADR Site in the World|
Mediate.com is the most visited dispute resolution website and has the most used professional directory in the world! We have more traffic than AAA and JAMS! We have over 30 times the traffic of Mediation.com! See comparative website data from Alexa here. Sign up for Mediate.com here.
|Interview with Andrew Schepard|
This is the complete interview by Robert Benjamin with Andrew Schepard, a leading professor, editor and writer of family law and mediation, filmed as part of Mediate.com's 'Views from the Eye of the Storm' Video Series.
|“Trusting” the Expert|
by Phyllis Pollack
In its Smarter Living section on April 29, 2018, the New York Times posted an interesting article about how our unconscious biases can play tricks on us when it comes to experts.
|Caseload Manager is the #1 Case Management System for Mediation and Ombuds Programs|
Caseload Manager is now used by 4 statewide mediation systems and by ICANN, the IMF and International Red Cross Ombuds Offices. We know security. See www.CaseloadManager.com
|Planners are No Long Generalists with a Specialty |
by Larry Susskind
There’s recent discussion in urban planning journals about the way professional city planners should be educated today. Having a conversation about planning in advance prevents many community-conflicts down the road.
|Responsibility in Mediation: Who has it?|
by Paul Rajkowski
Mediation is a wonderful process and I love mediation but I do not want to see it get more complicated with “what mediators need to do” kinds of stuff.
|Featured Mediation Blogs
Read All Featured Blogs
|Affordable Online Mediation Education at Mediate University, CLE & CEU Credit|
Affordable and convenient online mediation training and continuing education (CLE and CEU) is available at: www.mediate.com/University.
|This Week’s Mediation News (read & search All News at: www.mediate.com/Today)
Read All News
|Jobs (for Premium Members) Post New Job Listings
Read All Jobs
- Facilitator and Mediator Openings - OR, CA, & DC
- Restorative Justice Specialist - OR
- Community Mediation Research Associate
- International Ombuds Office - Geneva, DC
- Ombuds - NY
- Mediation Services Coordinator - FL
- Default Mediation Specialist - CA
- Part-Time Research Fellow/Ofc Manager - CA
- CPS Family Centered Mediator - NM
- Mediation Program Coordinator - DC
- Program Associate - CO
|Training & Conference Calendar
- June 14 - Online - The Ombuds Role in Sexual Harassment and Violence in the Era of #MeToo
- June 14-15 - Memphis TN - Elder Mediation
- June 16-23 - Tuscany ITALY - Mediation Retreat
- June 16-24 - San Francisco, CA - Ron's Mediator Certificate Training at BASF
- June 18-22 - Baltimore MD - 40 Hour Mediation & Conflict Transformation Skills Training Focused on Workplace, Third Party Interventions and Self-Awareness
- June 18-22 - Austin Area TX - 40 Basic Mediation Training
- June 19 - New York, NY - Selected Ethics Issues in Mediation & Settlement Negotiations
- June 19-21 - Colorado Springs CO - 24-Hour Advanced Mediation Training
- June 20-24 - Miami, Broward County FL - Civil Mediation Certification Training (40 hrs)
- June 21 - Medford OR - Toolz for Tough Conversations
- June 21-23 - Malibu CA - 31st Annual Summer Professional Skills Program in Malibu
- June 21-22 - Greenbelt MD - The Center for Alternative Disputes 2018 Annual Conference “Managing Conflict and Removing Barriers to Collaborative Decision Making"
- June 25-29 - Oshkosh WI - 40-Hour Basic Mediation Training
- June 25-30 - Memphis TN - Rule 31 Family Mediation Training (46.0 Hours of CLE)
- June 28-July 2 - Kensington MD - 40-Hour Basic Divorce Mediation Training
- June 28 - Roanoke VA - Assertive Communication
- July 9 - Oak Brook, IL - Working on Teams
- July 9-11 - Irvine CA - IOA Foundations of Organizational Ombudsman Practice (3 days)
- July 9-11 - Austin Area TX - 30 Hour Advanced Mediation Training
- July 10-12 - Atlanta GA - Resolving Workplace Conflict (RWC) - Atlanta, GA
- July 12-13 - Irvine CA - Mediation Theory and Skills for the Organizational Ombudsman Course (2 days)
- July 13 - Atlanta GA - Conflict Dynamics Profile(CDP) Certification
- July 16-20 - Macon GA - General Civil Mediation Training & Practicum
- July 16-28 - Malibu CA - Mediating the Litigated Case - Malibu 6 Day Program
- July 16-20 - Colorado Springs CO - 40-hour Basic Mediation Training
- July 18-22 - Miami, Broward County - Civil Mediation Certification Training (40 hrs)
- July 18-27 - Salem, MA - 36-Hour Basic Mediation Training
- July 18-22 - Seattle WA - Certified Workplace Mediator and Trainer Program (CMT) - Seattle, WA
- July 23-24 - Austin Area TX - 20 Hour Elder and Adult Care Mediation Training
- July 23-27 - Washington DC - Certified Workplace Mediator and Trainer Program (CMT)
- July 30-August 3 - Chicago IL - Mediation Skills Training Certificate Program
Editors: Jim Melamed and Clare Fowler. We welcome comments and feedback. Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage you to write an article for This Week in Mediation. Please review our submission guidelines.
This Week in Mediation is distributed to over 27,000 opt-in mediators and ADR professionals. You can include a 100-word newsletter announcement in This Week in Mediation with a headline, link and contact information for $499. There is no faster or better way to reach the mediation and ADR fields. More information is here.