This Week in Mediation #848
September 23, 2020 - OUR 25TH YEAR!
|In This Issue:
Task Force Recommends ODR Platforms to ADR Institute of Canada • Caseload Manager Helps Ombuds Offices Meet Best Practice Standards • Innovation in the Way Mediators and in Particular Family Mediators are Trained in England and Wales • Culture and Religion, Evaluating Mediation Approaches: A Case Study • Mediation News • Job Postings • Events Calendar • Blogs
Mediate.com's 25th Anniversary Conference
A One Time Opportunity To Consider The Future of Mediation
Navigating Mediation's Best Future is the goal of Mediate.com's 25th Anniversary Conference taking place fully online September 30 to October 2, 2020. This unique conference presents dozens of inspirational mediation leaders describing and defining recommended courses for mediation's most impactful growth. NOTE: Early Registration Ends Friday, September 25!
|Task Force Recommends ODR Platforms to ADR Institute of Canada
The ADR Institute of Canada (ADRIC) has an Online Dispute Task Force (ODRTF). The Task Force formed a sub-committee on Platforms. After evaluating 12 systems, the sub-committee recommends three ODR platforms: CREKODR, Caseload Manager (from Mediate.com), and the Sport Dispute Resolution Centre of Canada (SDRCC).
|Caseload Manager Helps Ombuds Offices Meet Best Practice Standards
by Clare Fowler
Ombuds offices have elevated and unique needs for managing personal and case information and for meeting International Ombudsman Association (IOA) best practice standards.
|MEDIATE UNIVERSITY - 6 Month Access! Check out the NEW Mediate University at www.MediateUniversity.com!
Innovation in the Way Mediators and in Particular Family Mediators are Trained in England and Wales
by Amel Ketani
The purpose of this paper is to consider how it is possible to improve the current mediation training in England and Wales.
|Culture and Religion, Evaluating Mediation Approaches: A Case Study
by Gary Clayton
This document will analyze a conflict scenario with respect to the conflict’s candidacy (suitability) for mediation.
|FEATURED MEDIATION BLOGS
READ ALL FEATURED BLOGS
|CASELOAD MANAGER: #1 Case Management Platform for Mediation, Ombuds & ODR
Caseload Manager is the proven secure cloud-based case management system for Mediation, Ombuds and ODR programs and practices. Caseload Manager is used by over 170 mediation, ombuds and ODR programs, including 5 statewide systems, NASA, the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the International Red Cross, and ICANN! See our Representative Clients and arrange for a personal tour of Caseload Manager today!
|MEDIATION IN TODAY'S NEWS
READ ALL MEDIATION NEWS
- Here’s What the CDC Eviction Moratorium Means for Local Renters
The CDC issued a national moratorium on evictions on September 2; the order went into effect two days later and will run through the end of 2020. The news of the moratorium has been greeted with relief by local housing advocates and service providers, many of whom feared a spike in evictions in the late summer and early fall. Advocates, however, are also quick to point out two important caveats
- Evictions firm to offer landlords and agents £100 mediation service to avoid court
UK: Landlord Action and the Property Redress Scheme have joined forces to stop disputes over unpaid rent ending up in court, where they could wait 18 months to be resolved it is claimed.
- COVID-19 increasing complexity in family law mediation
Pandemic has given clients a sense of urgency, says Nathalie Boutet, family lawyer and mediator
- Sparks props up eviction mediation while NV Supreme Court mulls statewide rules
Guidelines for alternative dispute resolution programs to be heard Tuesday
- The Singapore Mediation Convention: Will It Enhance Mediation’s Effectiveness?
The Convention, which entered into force this month, should allow courts in the jurisdiction of enforcement to recognize and enforce settlement agreements directly.
- As Court Considers Parameters of Eviction Mediation Program; Debate on How Widely to Open Door
Under a proposal favored by the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, either a tenant or landlord may request mediation of eviction proceedings, and an administrator must promptly schedule a mediation session for before the date of an eviction hearing.
- What if mediation does not work?
What do parties do when they cannot reach an agreement in a divorce or family law matter? The reality is that there are numerous possibilities.
|JOBS (for Premium Members) Post New Job Listings
Read All Jobs
- Mediator - AZ
- Child Welfare Mediator - UT
- Civil Rights Investigator - OR
- Divorce Mediator - NY, remote
- Ombudsman - DC
- International Mediation Internship - Remote
- Regional Ombuds - WA
- Mediation Coordinator - OR
- Fellows Program - NY
|TRAINING AND CONFERENCE CALENDAR
- September 24 - ONLINE VA - Introduction to Conflict Coaching
- September 29 - ONLINE NY - Effective Mediation Advocacy: Skills and Strategies for Litigators
- September 30 - October 2 - ONLINE - "Mediation 20/20" - Mediate.com 25th Anniversary Conference
- October 1-10 - ONLINE CA - The Basics of Mediation
- October 1-November 19 - ONLINE OH - Autumn Basic Training Online
- October 5-9 - Reno NV - 40-Hour Beginning Mediation and Conflict Resolution Certificate
- October 5-8 - Toronto ON Canada - Conflict Management Coaching Workshop
- October 5-9 - Macon GA - Civil Mediation Training & Practicum
- October 7-16 - Live Webinar - 40 hour Mediation Training
- October 7-9 - ONLINE FL - Florida Supreme Court Certified County Mediation Training Program
- October 8-10 - ONLINE TX - Elder and Adult Family Mediation Training
- October 9-November 23 - ONLINE - Conflict Management Coaching Workshop
- October 13-31 - Santa Ana CA - 40 Hour Basic Mediation Training
- October 14-18 - ONLINE MO - 40-Hour Mediation Training
- October 14-30 - ONLINE MA - 40-hour Online Divorce Mediation Training
- October 15-November 6 - Milwaukee WI - Interdisciplinary Family Law Mediation Training
October 15-16 and November 5-6, 2020.
- October 16-17 - Online - APFM 2020 Annual Conference
- October 18-November 15 - ONLINE NJ - Online 40-Hour Divorce Mediation Training
- October 19-28 - ONLINE MA - Online 30-Hour Mediation Training
- October 19-23 - Washington DC - Mediating the Litigated Case - Washington D.C.
- October 20-31 - ONLINE FL = Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediation Training
- October 24-25 - ONLINE CA - Beyond the Basics
- October 26-30 - Macon GA - Domestic & Family Mediation Training
- October 28-31 - Houston TX -Advanced Mediation: Family-Divorce-Child Custody Training
- October 29 - ONLINE - Mediate BC Virtual Unconference
- October 29-30 - Live Webinar - Advanced Mediation Training
Editors: Jim Melamed and Clare Fowler. We welcome comments and feedback. Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage you to write an article for This Week in Mediation.
Please review our submission guidelines. This Week in Mediation is distributed to over 19,000 opt-in mediators and ADR professionals.
You can include a 100-word newsletter announcement in This Week in Mediation with a headline, link and contact information for $499. There is no faster or better way to reach the mediation and ADR fields. More information is here.