This Week in Mediation #735
July 11, 2018
Celebrating Our 23rd Year Membership information
|Mediate.com models successful marketing for the mediation field. Mediate provides a gathering place for thought and dialogue for both professionals and the public. Always one step ahead, Mediate challenges us all and the mediation field to be our best selves. While organizations and administrations come and go, Mediate.com has stayed the course and proven itself a quality source of creativity and good business, again and again.|
|In This Issue:
Lessons from the Iroquois • Leaving Facebook • Lest We Forget • The Faultlines of the Current Ideological Divide - Part 1 • Mediators Should Have Strategies and Skills to Break Impasses • Mediation News • Job Postings • Events Calendar • Blogs
|Lessons from the Iroquois|
by Peter Adler
In public policy mediation, we are inevitably poking our noses into questions of intergenerational equity and “governance” and how authentic collaboration can be achieved or improved.
by Colin Rule
I was a fan of Facebook from my first login. I registered right after it opened to the public in 2006, and I led most of my friends onto the platform. I am now choosing to leave Facebook.
|Lest We Forget|
by Denise Evans
After celebrating ANZAC Day, FairWay’s Denise Evans and Bruce Reid explore the themes of war, conflict, and learning from mistakes of the past.
|Mediation Skills Course with Bruce Edwards|
10% off for Mediate.com Members! Purchase the whole course or by section. These lessons are taught with text, video, and reflective exercises. Lessons are taught around authentic role-plays. You can move through the course at your own pace. CLE credit. Full info: HERE.
Featured Mediation Blogs
Read All Featured Blogs
|Are You a Mediate.com Certfied Mediator?|
The cost is only $149 for your certification review (and your first year) and then only $99 for annual renewal. See existing Mediate.com Certified Mediators. Full information on certification is HERE.
|The Faultlines of the Current Ideological Divide - Part 1|
by Milan Slama, Kenneth Rasmussen
This article discusses the ideological divide looking at conflict from both a mediator's (Part 1) and a therapist's perspective (Part 2).
|Mediators Should Have Strategies and Skills to Break Impasses |
by Mark Baer
This article discusses this concept: “Conflict in divorce cannot be resolved if we don't talk to each other.”
|This Week’s Mediation News (read & search All News at: www.mediate.com/Today)
Read All News
|Caseload Manager is the #1 Case Management System for Mediation & Ombuds Programs|
Caseload Manager is now used by over 100 mediation programs and by ICANN, the IMF and International Red Cross Ombuds Offices. See www.CaseloadManager.com
|Jobs (for Premium Members) Post New Job Listings
Read All Jobs
- Case Administrator - NY
- Mediator / Facilitator - OR
- Mediation Paralegal - WA
- Family Court Mediator - CA
- Employment Relations Board Mediator - OR
- Mediation Specialist - OR
- Senior Mediator Adviser - OR
- Research Associate - CA
- Community Facilitator - NY
- Mediation Program Coordinator - DC
|Affordable Online Mediation Education at Mediate University, CLE & CEU Credit|
Affordable and convenient online mediation training and continuing education (CLE and CEU) is available at: www.mediate.com/University.
|Training & Conference Calendar
- July 12-13 - Irvine CA - Mediation Theory and Skills for the Organizational Ombudsman Course (2 days)
- July 12-21 - Santa Ana, CA - 40-Hour Divorce Mediation Training
- July 13 - Atlanta GA - Conflict Dynamics Profile(CDP) Certification
- July 16-20 - Macon GA - General Civil Mediation Training & Practicum
- July 16-28 - Malibu CA - Mediating the Litigated Case - Malibu 6 Day Program
- July 16-20 - Colorado Springs CO - 40-hour Basic Mediation Training
- July 18-22 - Miami, Broward County - Civil Mediation Certification Training (40 hrs)
- July 18-27 - Salem, MA - 36-Hour Basic Mediation Training
- July 18-22 - Seattle WA - Certified Workplace Mediator and Trainer Program (CMT) - Seattle, WA
- July 23-24 - Austin Area TX - 20 Hour Elder and Adult Care Mediation Training
- July 23-27 - Washington DC - Certified Workplace Mediator and Trainer Program (CMT)
- July 30-August 3 - Chicago IL - Mediation Skills Training Certificate Program
- August 2 - Austin Area TX - 10 Hour Arbitration Training
- August 6-10 - Chicago IL - Certified Workplace Mediator and Trainer Program (CMT)
- August 6-10 - Macon GA - General Civil Mediation Training & Practicum
- August 8-9 - Austin Area TX - 20 Hour Child Protective Services Mediation Training
- August 9-September 20 - ONLINE - CINERGY Conflict Management Coaching
- August 9-13 - Kensignton MD - 40-hour Basic Mediation Training
- August 14-16 - Colorado Springs, CO - 24-hour Conflict Coaching
- August 15 - Baltimore, MD - Power of Restorative Conversations
- August 20-25 - Jackson TN - 46 hr. Family Mediation Training
- August 20-28 - Denver CO - 40-hour Basic Mediation Training
- August 21-23 - Chicago IL - National Labor-Management Conference: Solutions for Today. Vision for Tomorrow
- August 21-23 - San Francisco CA - Certified Trainer in Workplace Conflict Resolution (CT)
- August 28-31 - Dallas TX - Basic Mediation Training (40 Hours)
Editors: Jim Melamed and Clare Fowler. We welcome comments and feedback. Send your comments to email@example.com.
We encourage you to write an article for This Week in Mediation. Please review our submission guidelines.
This Week in Mediation is distributed to over 27,000 opt-in mediators and ADR professionals. You can include a 100-word newsletter announcement in This Week in Mediation with a headline, link and contact information for $499. There is no faster or better way to reach the mediation and ADR fields. More information is here.