This Week in Mediation #716
February 22, 2018
Celebrating Our 23rd Year Membership information
|In This Issue:
4 Game-Changing Tips to Build Your Divorce Mediation Practice • A Conversation With Antonio Piazza • The Ethics of Retaliation • The Force Present in a Truly Transformative Mediation • ADR in the Spirit of the Season • Mediation News • Job Postings • Events Calendar • Blogs
|4 Game-Changing Tips to Build Your Divorce Mediation Practice|
by Michael Aurit
Whether you are just opening the doors of your divorce mediation practice, or you have been a professional family mediator for many years, considering these 4 Game Changing Tips can be game-changers for developing your more successful mediation practice. See the video!
|A Conversation With Antonio Piazza|
This is a taped interview with well-known mediator Antonio Piazza from 2011. Mr. Piazza pioneered the development of mediated negotiations as the preferred alternative to protracted conflict in complex civil disputes.
|The Ethics of Retaliation|
by Alia Ismail
Many people resort to retaliation to protect their own authority. Yet, conduct in such situations rarely happens within ethical means
|Join Mediate.com as a Premium Member!|
Mediate.com has the most used mediator directory in the world, by a mile! This week, Save $171 on the most effective combination of Premium Membership plus Featured Mediator Placement in your home area code. Order at: www.mediate.com/Membership!
|The Force Present in a Truly Transformative Mediation|
by Charlie Young
An unforgettable experience that facilitative mediators encounter is the experience of being part of a truly transformative mediation.
|ADR in the Spirit of the Season|
by Nancy Shuger
This article illustrates the power of the mediation process to transform conflict into common ground.
|AFCC 55th Annual Conference in Washington, D.C. June 6-9|
Compassionate Family Court Systems: The Role of Trauma-Informed Jurisprudence, will be held June 6-9, 2018, at the Washington Hilton Hotel, in Washington, D.C. The international & interdisciplinary program features leading dispute resolution, legal, & mental health practitioners, policymakers, and researchers. With more than 100 sessions to choose from, participants can earn up to 20.5 hours of continuing education. Keynote speakers include: Jaycee Dugard, Author of A Stolen Life; Bob Woodward of the Washington Post; and Judge Dan Michael of the Juvenile Court of Memphis and Dr. Shawn Marsh. Early bird registration rates end on March 12. Register here today.
Featured Mediation Blogs|
Read All Featured Blogs
|Mediate.com Certification Elevates Your Online Credibility!|
Available to experienced Mediate.com Premium Members, Mediate.com Certification, including your personal validating badge on your website, is an excellent way of confirming your credibility and experience as a mediator. See www.mediate.com/Certification. See existing certified members here.
|This Week’s Mediation News (read & search all News at: www.mediate.com/Today)
Read All News
|Affordable Online Mediation Education, CLE & CEU |
Affordable and convenient online mediation training and continuing education opportunities are available at: www.mediate.com/University.
|Jobs (for Premium Members) Post New Job Listings
Read All Jobs
- Labor Relations Specialist - OR
- Program Coordinator - OR
- Education Mediation Specialist - MD
- Equal Employment Specialist - Location Varies
- Mediation Manager - CA
- Conflict Program Career Director - CA
- Mediation Program Director - HI
- Assistant Ombuds - CA
- University Ombuds and Director - NC
- Program Associate - CO
- Community Coordinator w/ mediation- AZ
|Training & Conference Calendar
Visit Complete Calendar
- February 25-March 18 - New Brunswick, NJ - 40-Hour Basic Civil Mediation Training
- February 26-March 2 - Macon GA - Domestic & Family Mediation Training (42 Hours)
- February 28-March 9 - Medford, OR - Fundamentals of Mediation Training
- March 3 - April 7 - Berkeley, CA - Ron's Mediation Training in Berkeley
- March 7-16 - Corte Madera, CA - 40 hour Mediation Training with Steven Rosenberg
- March 7-8 - Austin, TX - 20 Hour Child Protective Services Mediation Training
- March 7-11 - Miami, FL - Civil Mediation Certification Training (40 hrs)
- March 8-11 - San Diego, CA - Four Day Family Law Mediation Training
- March 15-24 - Lexington, MA - Divorce Mediation Training with John Fiske and Diane Neumann
- March 17 - Orlando, FL - Pro Se Divorce Mediation Workshop
- March 19-24 - Memphis, TN - Family Mediation Traning 46 hours
- March 21-22 - Austin, TX - 20-hour Arbitration Training
- March 25-28 - Troutdale, OR - Capacity Building in Environmental Conflict: An Intensive 30-hour Workshop
- March 27 - New York NY - Neuroscience in Mediation and Negotiation
- March 31-April 16 - St. Johnsbury VT - Divorce Mediation Training, 40 hours
- April 2-6 - Macon GA - General Civil Mediation Training & Practicum
- April 4-7 - Washington DC - ABA Section on Dispute Resolution Annual Conference
- April 5-6 - Corte Madera CA - Advanced Mediation Training with Steven Rosenberg
- April 9-13 - Washington DC - Certified Workplace Mediator and Trainer Program (CMT)
- April 10-14 - Los Angeles, CA - Mediating Commercial and Litigated Cases with Lee Jay Berman
- April 10-28 - Santa Ana CA - 40 Hour Basic Mediation Training
- April 12-15 - San Antonio TX - 40-Hour Basic Mediation Training
- April 12-May 24 - Online - Conflict Management Coaching: The CINERGY Model
- April 12-21 - Victor NY - ACR-Approved Family & Divorce Mediation Training
- April 16-20 - Austin Area TX - Mediators & Arbitrators of America (aka Mediators of Texas)
- April 16-20 - Chicago IL - Mediation Skills Training Certificate Program
- April 16-18 - San Antonio TX - Advanced Family Mediation Training
- April 16-19 - New York NY - Employment Law and Workplace Mediation Training
- April 17-21 - Reno NV - 40-Hour Beginning Mediation and Conflict Resolution Certificate
- April 19-23 - Kensington MD - 40-Hour Basic Divorce Mediation Training
- April 20-21 - Richmond VA - Conflict: Theory and Applications for the Organizational Ombudsman (2 days)
- April 20-21 - Indianapolis IN - Advanced Mediator Training
- April 20-22 - Richmond VA - Foundations of Organizational Ombudsman Practice (3 days)
- April 21 - Orlando FL - Pro Se Divorce Mediation Training
- April 22 - Richmond VA - Foundations of Organizational Ombudsman Course (3 days)
- April 23-25 - Richmond VA - International Ombudsman Association 13th Annual Conference
Editors: Jim Melamed and Clare Fowler. We welcome comments and feedback. Send your comments to email@example.com.
We encourage you to write an article for This Week in Mediation. Please review our submission guidelines.
This Week in Mediation is distributed to over 26,000 opt-in mediators and ADR professionals. You can include a 100-word newsletter announcement in This Week in Mediation with a headline, link and contact information for $499. There is no faster or better way to reach the mediation and ADR fields. More information is here.