This Week in Mediation #757
December 12, 2018
Celebrating Our 23rd Year Membership information
|In This Issue:
Beyond Solutions • Even More Conflict Resolution Tips • Essential Tips on Writing an Effective Mediation Submission • Mediation News • Job Postings • Events Calendar • Blogs
|Beyond Solutions (12/10/18)|
by Peter Adler
Mediation, like other forums where leadership is called for, can be a hard business, not for the faint of heart. On the other hand, every once in a great while, something magical, unplanned, and unexpected happens and the room is suddenly filled with hope and light.
|Even More Conflict Resolution Tips (12/06/18)|
by Oran Kaufman
Following up on two previous articles, this article taps into 24 years of mediation experience and provides divorcing couples with tips that will help them navigate their divorce and mediation process in sane and healthy manner and will help them stay in control of the process.
|Comparative Data on Mediator Directory Websites (12/06/18)|
Mediate.com continues to be the most visited mediation website, Mediate is the most visited mediator directory site (by 10x) and most linked mediation site (by 5x). See new data from Alexa Here. Join Mediate's professional directories Here.
|Mediate.com Recognized as a Top Attorney Directory for SEO! (12/06/18)|
Now entering our 24th year, Mediate.com is recognized as a Top Law Firm Directory.
|Essential Tips on Writing an Effective Mediation Submission (12/06/18)|
by Paul Bates
Mediation and the written agreement has become integral to the litigation process and offers avenues through which disputes can be settled amicably.
|NEW: Divorce Mediation Courses from Mediate.com & APFM!|
Take advantage of this special Introductory Holiday Pricing on 4 new online courses from the Academy of Professional Family Mediators (APFM) and Mediate.com. The 4 courses combined = 9 hours CLE/CEU. These courses are available individually or as a complete package for only $199 during December 2018!
Full information and ordering for all Mediate University courses is HERE.
|Featured Mediation Blogs
Read All Featured Blogs
|40 Hour Basic Mediation Training with Dr. Clare Fowler in Eugene - January 17-21|
Mediate.com is co-sponsoring an in-person 40-hour Basic Mediation Training with Dr. Clare Fowler in Eugene, January 17-21. Join Clare at the University of Oregon School of Law for 5 fantastic days of mediation training. CLE and CEU credits. Register HERE
|This Week’s Mediation News (read & search All News at: www.mediate.com/Today)
Read All News
|Caseload Manager is the Top Case Management System for Mediation & Ombuds Programs|
Caseload Manager is used by over 120 mediation and ombuds programs, including the IMF, International Red Cross and ICANN!
|Jobs (for Premium Members) Post New Job Listings
Read All Jobs
- Dispute Resolution Associate Director - NY
- Mediation Coordinator - NY
- Conflict Resolution Officer - NY
- Mediator - OH
- Mediator - OR
- Facilitation Mediation Specialist - NV
- Mediator - Varies
- Mediation Program Coordinator - DC
|Training & Conference Calendar
- December 17-19 - Austin Area TX - 30 Hour Advanced Mediation Training
- January 9-11 - Santa Ana CA - Elder Care Mediation Training
- January 15-17 - St. Petersburg FL - 16th Annual Conflict Resolution and Mediation Conference
- January 16-25 - Denver CO - 40 Hour Professional Mediation Training
- January 17-21 - Eugene, OR - Basic Mediation 40-hr Training with Dr. Clare Fowler
- January 17-20 - Amarillo/Childress TX - 40-Hour Basic Mediation Training
- January 18-26 - Santa Fe NM - Restorative Justice Training - 40-Hours
- January 24-27 - San Antonio TX - 40-Hour Basic Mediation Training- 4 Day Course
- January 28-31 - Malibu CA - Leadership for Attorneys in Business
- January 28-30 - San Antonio TX - Advanced Family Mediation Training Intensive 3 Day Course
- January 28-30 - Albuquerque NM - Foundations of Organizational Ombudsman Practice (3 days)
- January 28-February 1 - Los Angeles CA - Mediating Commercial & Litigated Cases with Lee Jay Berman
- January 29-February 10 - Gatineau/Ottawa ON Canada -Conflict Management Coaching Workshop (French)
- February 5-8 - Wichita Falls TX - Basic Mediation Training (40 Hours)
- February 5-9 - San Diego CA - 40-Hour Basic Divorce Mediation Training
- February 7-23 - Malibu CA - Mediating the Litigated Case - Malibu
6 Day Program
- February 7-9 - Amarillo/Childress TX - Advanced Mediation 3 Day Course
- February 15 - Topeka KS - 2019 Heartland Mediators Association Winter Training
- March 1-2 - San Diego CA - Family Interdisciplinary Teamwork - Mosten Mediation
- March 6-15 - Medford OR - Fundamentals of Mediation Training
- March 7-April 18 - ONLINE - Conflict Management Coaching Workshop
- March 12-13 - Malibu CA - Global Dispute Resolution Conference
- March 13-22 - Corte Madera CA - 40 hour Mediation Training
Editors: Jim Melamed and Clare Fowler. We welcome comments and feedback. Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage you to write an article for This Week in Mediation. Please review our submission guidelines.
This Week in Mediation is distributed to over 29,000 opt-in mediators and ADR professionals. You can include a 100-word newsletter announcement in This Week in Mediation with a headline, link and contact information for $499. There is no faster or better way to reach the mediation and ADR fields. More information is here.