This Week in Mediation #775
April 24, 2019
Celebrating Our 24th Year Membership information
Join MediateCanada for FREE
MediateCanada! Professional Directories for FREE
(if you sign up by May 1, 2019)
Sign Up HERE!
|In This Issue:
Time for a National Mediation Policy Act! • Name Your Anger • Preparing for Mediation: Six Need-to-Knows for UK clients • Interview with David J. Smith - The Future of Mediation • The Family Mediation Process – Step by Step Guide • 5 Key Questions to Ask About Family Mediation • Mediation News • Job Postings • Events Calendar • Blogs
|Time for a National Mediation Policy Act! (4/22/19)|
by Jim Melamed
Please join Mediate.com in our efforts to set America on a healing and optimizing path with the passage of the National Mediation Policy Act. This Act declares a national policy favoring capable mediation over disputes being litigated or remaining unresolved. We are asking each 2020 Presidential Candidate to indicate their support.
|Name Your Anger (4/22/19)|
by Maria Simpson
Disagreements often start when someone doesn’t want to discuss something or take a necessary action, and someone else accuses that person of avoiding.
|Preparing for Mediation: Six Need-to-Knows for UK clients (4/22/19)|
by Christopher Reeves
The author explains the process, the potential benefits – and how construction companies should prepare for a mediation.
|Featured Mediator Placement - 3 months for only $99!|
One case pays for your Mediate.com Featured Mediator Placement for years! Try 3 months of Featured Mediator Placement for only $99! (and then you have the option of continuing for up to 3 years at a discounted rate of only $39/mo).
|Interview with David J. Smith - The Future of Mediation (4/18/19)|
This is an interview by Mediate.com Managing Editor, Dr. Clare Fowler, with David J. Smith, author of Peace Jobs: A Student’s Guide to Starting a Career Working for Peace, on career opportunities for those wanting to break into the dispute resolution field.
|The Family Mediation Process – Step by Step Guide (4/22/19)|
by Zara Rafiq
Family mediation is becoming increasingly popular for families in the UK to help resolve conflict and reach agreements surrounding children or finances or in some circumstances, both.
|5 Key Questions to Ask About Family Mediation (4/22/19)|
by Dakota Murphey
For separating couples looking for an alternative to court proceedings, mediation can be hugely helpful in finding resolutions to the most contentious issues.
|Caseload Manager is the #1 Platform for Mediation, Ombuds & ODR Programs|
Caseload Manager is used by over 130 mediation and ombuds programs, including the IMF, International Red Cross and ICANN! See our Representative Systems
|Caseload Manager Helps Ombuds Offices Meet Best Practice Standards (4/02/19)|
by Clare Fowler
Ombuds offices have elevated and unique needs for managing personal and case information and for meeting International Ombudsman Association (IOA) best practice standards.
|Featured Mediation Blogs
Read All Featured Blogs
|Most Popular Online Mediation Courses - on Sale! (6 Month Access - Sale Prices End May 1)
|This Week’s Mediation News (read & search All News at: www.mediate.com/Today)
Read All News
|Mediate.com Newsletter Service - Mediation for the 21st Century |
With Mediate.com's Newsletter Service, we will send, on your behalf, a personalized edition of Mediation News for the 21st Centuryto your designated recipient list 6 times each year. Full information is at: www.mediate.com/NewsService.
|Jobs (for Premium Members) Post New Job Listings
Read All Jobs
- EEO Specialist - TN
- Mediation Specialist - NV
- Assistant Ombudsperson - University of California Berkeley
- Director of Alternative Dispute Resolution - MD
- Conflict Resolution Specialist - WA
- Labor Relations - WA
- Education Mediation Specialist - MD
- Ombuds Director - WA
- Ombuds and Mediation Intern - NY
- Mediator - Varies
|The Master Agreement for Separation & Divorce (Second Edition)|
The ultimate tool for family lawyers and mediators! This drafting guide will save you days of drafting and improve your work product. The Master Agreement is issue driven and applicable to all jurisdictions. Get this unique and comprehensive master agreement for separation & divorce!
|Training & Conference Calendar
- April 25 - Fairfax VA - Civility in the Workplace
- April 26-27 - Charleston SC - Advanced Attorney-Mediator Training
- April 26-27 - Harrisburg PA - Conference: Building Skills & Expanding Practice
- April 26 - Fairfax VA - Mediation Practicum: Civil Cases
- April 30-May 4 - Washington DC - 40 Hour Mediation & Interest Based Negotiation Skills Training
- May 1-2 - Facilitation and Group Consensus Building
- May 2-17 - Milwaukee WI - Interdisciplinary Family Law Mediation Training
- May 2-4 - Tarrytown NY - NYSCDM Annual Conference
- May 6-20 - San Francisco CA - International Cross-Border Family Mediation Training
- May 6-10 - Austin Area TX - 40 Basic Mediation Training
- May 7 - Fairfax VA - Mediating EEO and Workplace Disputes
- May 8 - Fairfax VA - Strength Deployment Inventory (SDI) for Conflict Resolution Practitioners
- May 13-17 - Atlanta GA - 40 Hour Basic Mediation Skills Course
- May 14 - New York NY - Negotiation Skills & Strategies for Everyday Bargaining
- May 15 - Houston TX - Arbitration Training in Houston’s Uptown-Galleria
- May 16 - Roanoke VA - Introduction to Conflict Coaching
- May 16 - Fairfax VA - Building Trust and Overcoming Distrust
- May 16-19 - San Diego CA - Four Day Family Law Mediation Training
- May 16-17 - Houston TX - Elder and Adult Family Mediation Training
- May 18-19 - San Diego CA - Building A Successful (and Profitable) Collaborative and Mediation Practice
- May 20-21- Denver CO - Advanced Civil Mediation
- May 20-23 - North Haven CT - Quinipiac Law 2nd Conflict Management Institute
- May 20-22 - Austin Area TX - 30 Hour Advanced Mediation Training
- May 21-23 - Newton MA - Elder Decisions® Elder Mediation Training (Adult Family Mediation Training)
- May 21-23 - Dallas TX - Family Mediation Training (30 hours)
- May 21 - Fairfax VA - Considering Cultural Issues in Mediation
- May 29-June 1 - Toronto ON Canada - AFCC 56th Annual Conference
- May 30-31- Alicante Spain - IP Mediation Conference
- June 1-9 - San Francisco CA - The Basics of Mediation
- June 3 - Austin Area TX 10 Hour Arbitration Training
- June 4-5 - Austin Area TX - 20 Hour Child Protective Services Mediation Training
- June 5-7 - New York NY - Advanced Commercial Mediation Training (3 Days Mandatory)
- June 10-12 - Atlanta GA - Juvenile Dependency Mediation
- June 11 - Fairfax VA - Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR): Beyond Mediation
- June 12-14 - Houston TX - Advanced Mediation: Family-Divorce-Child Custody Training
- June 13 - Houston TX - Domestic Violence for Advance Family Training required by TX legislation
|Editors: Jim Melamed and Clare Fowler. We welcome comments and feedback. Send your comments to email@example.com.
We encourage you to write an article for This Week in Mediation. Please review our submission guidelines.
This Week in Mediation is distributed to over 30,000 opt-in mediators and ADR professionals. You can include a 100-word newsletter announcement in This Week in Mediation with a headline, link and contact information for $499. There is no faster or better way to reach the mediation and ADR fields. More information is here.