This Week in Mediation #740
August 15, 2018
Celebrating Our 23rd Year Membership information
In This Issue:
Morality and Mediation: Can We Reunite the Children? • International Arbitration-Federal Jurisdiction & Provisional Remedies • Sample Mediation Ground Rules • Interview with Carrie Menkel-Meadow • Mediation News • Job Postings • Events Calendar • Blogs
|I want you to know that your site brings me more business than I would have ever imagined from a third party referral site. In my first 10 months, I received 20 phones calls about my services as a result of my involvement with Mediate.com. The majority of my referrals have resulted in new business. |
|How to Write an Effective Mediation Summary in 6 Steps|
by Grace Carter
Your mediation summary can make the process easier both for yourself, but also the mediator.
|Morality and Mediation: Can We Reunite the Children?|
by William Scott Harralson, J.D.
In April 2018, the U.S. Justice Department implemented a new “zero-tolerance” policy for the detention and arrest of undocumented immigrants. This article discusses how mediation techniques can be used to handle such a difficult situation.
|Summer Sale at Mediate.com|
Get both Premium Membership and Featured Mediator Placement for only $65/mo or $650/yr! You save $200/yr! See www.mediate.com/Membership. Existing Members: Email email@example.com, or call 541.345.1629 ext. 4 to take advantage of this special deal!
|International Arbitration-Federal Jurisdiction & Provisional Remedies|
by Jack Urquhart
Stemcor USA Incorporated addresses federal court jurisdiction based on the Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards and court enforcement of provisional remedies in aid of arbitration.
|Interview with Carrie Menkel-Meadow|
This is the complete interview by Robert Benjamin with Carrie Menkel-Meadow, Georgetown Law Professor, filmed as part of Mediate.com's 'Views from the Eye of the Storm' Video Series.
|Sample Mediation Ground Rules|
by Jim Melamed
Mediators often assist participants to identify guidelines or ground rules to help support productive communications. Here are some sample mediation ground rules participants may want to consider adopting.
|Featured Mediation Blogs
Read All Featured Blogs
|Caseload Manager is the #1 Case Management System for Mediation & Ombuds Programs!|
Caseload Manager is now used by over 100 mediation programs and by the IMF, International Red Cross and ICANN Ombuds Offices. See www.CaseloadManager.com and schedule a free personal tour!
|This Week’s Mediation News (read & search All News at: www.mediate.com/Today)
Read All News
|Affordable Online Mediation Education at Mediate University, CLE & CEU Credit|
Affordable and convenient online mediation training and continuing education (CLE and CEU) is available at: www.mediate.com/University.
|Jobs (for Premium Members) Post New Job Listings
Read All Jobs
- Ombuds - NY
- Med/Arb Program Assistant - FL
- Arbitration Specialist = PA
- Case Manager - CA
- Community Facilitator Director - NE
- Assistant Professor - NY
- Program Coordinator - MA
- Executive Director - Berkeley, CA
- Court ADR Resources Director - MD
- Assistant Professor of Conflict Management - KS
- Mediation Program Coordinator - DC
|Training & Conference Calendar
- August 16 - ONLINE - The Ombuds as a Workplace Firefighter: Assisting Organizations to Address Abrasive Behaviors (webinar)
- August 16 - Roanoke, VA - Practical Conflict Resolution Skills and Introduction to Mediation
- August 20-25 - Jackson TN - 46 hr. Family Mediation Training
- August 20-28 - Denver CO - 40-hour Basic Mediation Training
- August 21-23 - Chicago IL - National Labor-Management Conference: Solutions for Today. Vision for Tomorrow
- August 21-23 - San Francisco CA - Certified Trainer in Workplace Conflict Resolution (CT)
- August 28-31 - Dallas TX - Basic Mediation Training (40 Hours)
- September 9-November 4 - Los Angeles CA - Child Dependency Mediation Certification Training
- September 10-14 - Macon GA - General Civil Mediation Training & Practicum
- September 10-14 - Austin Area TX - 40 Basic Mediation Training
- September 11-13 - Austin TX - Certified Trainer in Workplace Conflict Resolution (CT)
- September 12-16 - Miami, Broward County FL - Civil Mediation Certification Training (40 hrs)
- September 12 - London GBR - Mediation Symposium
- September 20 - Roanoke VA - Practical Conflict Resolution Skills and Introduction to Mediation
- September 21-23 - Kensington, MD - 20-Hour Child Access Mediation Training
- September 21-30 - Santa Cruz CA - 4-Day Mediation Skills Training
- September 24-28 - Chicago IL - Foundations in Public Participation
- September 24-26 - Austin Area - 30 Hour Advanced Mediation Training
- September 25-27 - Research Triangle NC - Certified Trainer in Workplace Conflict Resolution (CT) - Research Triangle, NC
- September 28-29 - Charlettetown, Prince Edward Island CANADA - Family Mediation Canada & Mediation PEI 2018 Conference
- September 28-29 - Oak Brook IL - Basic Interdisciplinary Collaborative Practice Training
Editors: Jim Melamed and Clare Fowler. We welcome comments and feedback. Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage you to write an article for This Week in Mediation. Please review our submission guidelines.
This Week in Mediation is distributed to over 27,000 opt-in mediators and ADR professionals. You can include a 100-word newsletter announcement in This Week in Mediation with a headline, link and contact information for $499. There is no faster or better way to reach the mediation and ADR fields. More information is here.