This Week in Mediation #787
July 17, 2019
Celebrating Our 24th Year Membership information
|In This Issue:
13 Tools for Resolving Conflict in the Workplace, with Customers and in Life • Bringing the Human Face to Conflict • The Divorce Process: Mediation Saves Money, Time and Trauma • Why Retainers are Important to the Mediation Process • Mediation News • Job Postings • Events Calendar • Blogs
|13 Tools for Resolving Conflict in the Workplace, with Customers and in Life|
by Lee Jay Berman
Conflict happens. It is inevitable. It is going to happen whenever you have people with different expectations. Here are some tools for avoiding and resolving disputes in the early stages, before they become full-blown conflicts.
|Bringing the Human Face to Conflict (7/12/19)|
by Jacques Joubert
Mediation may be described as a process that evolves over four different phases. It begins in a joint session and ends in a final joint session.
|Mediate.com Premium Membership |
Mediate.com offers the most used mediator directory in the world! See the data on why you should join Mediate.com as a Premium Member. Join at www.Mediate.com/Membership.
|The Divorce Process: Mediation Saves Money, Time and Trauma (7/12/19)|
by Stuart Watson
The divorce process has significant impacts on the lives of the spouses and their families depending on how they go through the divorce. This article outlines how divorce mediation can save families money and time, and reduce trauma when compared to a traditional, litigated divorce process.
|Why Retainers are Important to the Mediation Process (7/12/19)|
by Laurie Israel
For most mediations, having the financial relationship between the mediator and the clients prepaid through a retainer can be a very strong impetus towards making the mediation process stronger and more effective.
|Featured Mediator Placement Now On Sale!|
Featured Mediator Placement puts you at the top of every page of Mediate.com for every visitor from your home area code. The cost is only $39/mo or $390/yr. Your first case pays for Featured Placement many times over! See www.mediate.com/Direct
|FEATURED MEDIATION BLOGS
Read All Featured Blogs
|Caseload Manager: #1 Case Management Platform for Mediation, Ombuds & ODR|
Caseload Manager is used by over 140 mediation and ombuds programs, including 4 statewide systems, the IMF, International Red Cross and ICANN! See our Representative Systems and arrange for a personal tour of Caseload Manager today.
|THIS WEEK'S MEDIATION NEWS (read & search All News at: www.mediate.com/Today)
Read All News
|JOBS (for Premium Members) Post New Job Listings
Read All Jobs
- ADR Program Officer - DC
- Circuit Mediator - LA
- Family Mediator - FL
- Mediator - NY
- Divorce Mediator - AZ
- Mediator Coordinator - AZ
- Senior Mediation Advisor
- Education Mediation Specialist - MD
- Ombuds and Mediation Intern - NY
- Mediator - Varies
|FEATURED ONLINE MEDIATION COURSES (6 Month Access - Affordable CLE/CEU credit)
|TRAINING AND CONFERENCE CALENDAR
- July 18 - Roanoke VA - Managing Difficult Conversations
- July 19 - Ft. Lauderdale FL - 8 hr Advanced Mediation Training
- July 22-26 - College Park MD - Mediation Training (40 Hours)
- July 22-27 - Malibu CA - Mediating the Litigated Case - Malibu
6 Day Program
- July 25 - Roanoke VA - Practical Conflict Resolution
- July 25-29 - Atlanta GA - Domestic Relations Mediation (42 hrs.)
- July 26-28 - Inaugural Training: “Mediating Online” at Santa Clara Law School
- July 26-29 - Dallas TX - Basic Mediation 4 day Course
- July 31 - Fairfax VA - Mediator Graduate School
- August 1-September 12 - ONLINE - Conflict Management Coaching Workshop (Virtual)
- August 5-9 - Atlanta GA - 40 Hour Basic Mediation Skills Course
- August 5-9 - Macon GA - Civil Mediation Training & Practicum
- August 8 - ONLINE - IOA Live Webinar: Establishing Trust in Groups: Lencioni and Google Models in Practice
- August 9 - Fairfax VA - Preparing Memoranda and Agreements
- August 14-18 - Ft. Lauderdale FL - Florida Supreme Court Civil Mediation Certification Training 40 hours (5 days)
- August 14 - Fairfax VA - Negotiation Training
- August 15 - Roanoke VA - Dealing with Difficult People
- August 15-16 - Atlanta GA - Domestic Violence Issues in Mediation (2 days
- August 19-21 - Austin Area TX - 30 Hour Advanced Mediation Training
- August 20-22 - Atlanta GA - Advanced Mediation Skills (20 hrs.)
- September 1 - ONLINE - IOA Live Webinar: Cultural Components in Conflict
- September 6-14 - Ventura CA - 1.5 Day or 4 Day Conflict Resolution Training
- September 6 - Atlanta GA - Domestic Relations Practicum (2 days)September 9-13 - Macon GA - Civil Mediation Training & Practicum
- September 10-13 - Atlanta GA - Mediation Marathon
- September 10-13 - Dallas TX - Basic Mediation Training (40 Hours)\
- September 10-13 - Fairfax VA - Mediation Skills and Process (basic mediation training)
- September 11-20 - Corte Madera CA - 40 hour Mediation Training
|Editors: Jim Melamed and Clare Fowler. We welcome comments and feedback. Send your comments to email@example.com.
We encourage you to write an article for This Week in Mediation. Please review our submission guidelines.
This Week in Mediation is distributed to over 30,000 opt-in mediators and ADR professionals. You can include a 100-word newsletter announcement in This Week in Mediation with a headline, link and contact information for $499. There is no faster or better way to reach the mediation and ADR fields. More information is here.