This Week in Mediation #878
April 21, 2021 - OUR 26TH YEAR!
|In This Issue:
April 23 Forum on the Global Growth of Mediation • The History of Mediation and Why It Is Still in Use Today • Amendments to the LCIA Mediation Rules, 2012 – Keeping Up with the Changing Times • Mediation News • Job Postings • Events Calendar • Blogs
|April 23 Forum on the Global Growth of Mediation
by Jim Melamed and Forrest (Woody) Mosten
How do we best support the growth of mediation, including online mediation, around the world? This Forum will share the perspectives of panelists from Nigeria, Argentina, Russia and India to compare and contrast their experiences of online mediation and online training in developing mediation cultures.
Forum on the Global Growth of Mediation
Hosts: Bruce Edwards and Tara Ollapally
Additional Panelists include: Alberto Elisavetsky, Morenike Obi-Farinde andLara Traum
Full Information on the Forum is HERE. Free registration for the Forum is HERE.
The History of Mediation and Why It Is Still in Use Today
by Jakob Vinther and Thomas Todd
To understand mediation, you must examine the reason behind having a mediator.
|Amendments to the LCIA Mediation Rules, 2012 – Keeping Up with the Changing Times
by Saasha Milpani and Chakrapani Mishra
Mediation, in general, is a more informal and less widely used procedure than arbitration.
|Expanded Mediate.com Membership Benefits!
Mediate.com Premium Membership now includes:
Full information is at www.mediate.com/Membership
|FEATURED MEDIATION BLOGS
Read All Featured Blogs
|CHECK OUT THE NEW MEDIATE UNIVERSITY
Convenient and Affordable Online Mediation Education - Over 30 Courses - 6 Month Course Access - CLE/CEU Credit
Professionals: Use coupon code "MEDIATE" to save 10% during April! - Also see our Group Discounts!
Best Selling Mediate University Courses:
|CASELOAD MANAGER: #1 Case Management Platform for Mediation, Ombuds & ODR
Caseload Manager is the proven secure cloud-based case management system for Mediation, Ombuds and ODR programs and practices. Caseload Manager is used by over 170 mediation, Ombuds and ODR programs, including 5 statewide systems, NASA, the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the International Red Cross, and ICANN! See our Representative Clients and arrange for a personal tour of Caseload Manager today!
|JOBS (for Premium Members) Post New Job Listings
Read All Jobs
- Executive Director - OR
- Designer - OR
- Outreach and Communications Director - OR
- Operations Director - OR
- ADR Appraisal - FL
- Sr. Claims Examiner - NJ
- Workers Comp Consultant - NV
- Dispute Resolution Specialist - OR
- Dispute Resolution Program Director - CA
- Mediation Coordinator - OR
|MEDIATION IN TODAY'S NEWS
Read All Mediation News
|May 15-16 Youth ADR Conference
by Clare Fowler
Mediate.com is excited to announce a youth voices conferences, focused on 6 sessions spread out over multiple time zones, sharing strategies for advancing dispute resolution around the world.
|TRAINING AND CONFERENCE CALENDAR
See Complete Calendar
- April 21-25 - ONLINE FL - Florida Supreme Court Civil Mediation Certification Training
- April 21-May 25 - ONLINE NY - Peace Restored Intro to Restorative Practices and Trainers Courses
- April 22 - ONLINE - The Future of Negotiations
- April 22 - ONLINE VA - Your Brain (and Body) on Conflict! - Using basic Neuropsychology & Somatic Psychology techniques to deal with emotional upsets.
- April 22 - ONLINE CA - (Day 2) Working with Separating Parents: Innovative Approaches to Develop a Child-Centered Practice
- April 23-24 - ONLINE PA - Modern Mediation: Making Choices & Moving Forward
- April 23-May 21 - ONLINE OR - Basic Mediation Training
- April 24-25 - ONLINE - Conflict Coaching 101
- April 26-29 - ONLINE ID - 20 Hour Advanced Mediation Course
- April 29 - ONLINE CA - (Day 3) Working with Separating Parents: Innovative Approaches to Develop a Child-Centered Practice
- April 29-30 - ONLINE NY - NYSCDM's Annual Conference Stronger Together: Surviving & Thriving
- April 29-May 1 - ONLINE TX - Elder and Adult Family Mediation Training - ONLINE
- May 1-16 - ONLINE TX - 30-hour Family Mediation Training
- May 11-13 - Dallas TX - Family Mediation Training (30 Hours)
- May 12 - ONLINE CA - Advanced Mediation Training Certificate Series: Legality and the Neutral’s Basis in Law
- May 13 - ONLINE - Mastering Virtual Presence and Communication
- May 13-29 - ONLINE CA - The Basics of Mediation
- May 13-14 - ONLINE CA - Summer 2021 Professional Skills Series - Six Online Courses
- May 13 - ONLINE Canada - Winkler Institute/IAM/OsgoodePD Annual Conference on Mediation
- May 13 - ONLINE VA - Introduction to Conflict Coaching
- May 13-15 - ONLINE WA - Essentials of Co-Parent Coaching
- May 14-27 - ONLINE OK - 40 Hr National Family and Divorce Mediation Training
- May 16-June 14 - ONLINE NJ - 40-Hour Civil Mediation Training
- May 17 - ONLINE TX - 10 Hour Arbitration Training
- May 18-12 - ONLINE TX - Basic Mediation 40-Hr. Course
- May 18 - ONLINE TX - 10 Hour Advanced Arbitration Training
- May 19-22 ONLINE LIVE Mediating Online Training with Colin Rule and Clare Fowler
- May 20-22 - ONLINE CA - STAR: A SYSTEMATIC APPROACH TO MEDIATION STRATEGIES
Editors: Jim Melamed and Clare Fowler. We welcome comments and feedback. Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage you to write an article for This Week in Mediation.
Please review our submission guidelines. This Week in Mediation is distributed to over 21,000 opt-in mediators and ADR professionals.
You can include a 100-word newsletter announcement in This Week in Mediation with a headline, link and contact information for $499. There is no faster or better way to reach the mediation and ADR fields. More information is here.