This Week in Mediation #803
November 6, 2019
Celebrating Our 24th Year Membership information
|In This Issue:
Interview with Jim Melamed, CEO of Mediate.com • Interdisciplinarity Mediation and the Singapore Agreement • How to Get Your Spouse to Agree to Mediation •Montana Nursing Homes and Families Receive Assistance to Resolve Disputes • Mediation News • Job Postings • Events Calendar • Blogs
|Interview with Jim Melamed, CEO of Mediate.com|
by Hilary Linton
Jim began mediating in 1983 and was the first President and Executive Director of the Oregon Mediation Association. Jim then served for 6 years as Executive Director of the Academy of Family Mediators (1987-93) and then co-founded Mediate.com with John Helie in 1995. Jim has been CEO of Mediate.com ever since.
|Interdisciplinarity Mediation and the Singapore Agreement|
by Alberto Elisavetsky, María Victoria Marun
Every action of life implies a movement of the framework of human rationality, of the interdisciplinarity of things, because it is linked to countless facts and actions of life.
|FINAL NOTICE: Save on APFM LiveStream of November 7-9 Boston Conference - 6 Month Access|
For the first time, the APFM Annual Conference is being LiveStreamed online and around the world via LiveStream. Critically, Mediate.com Members can register for only $195 if you register today! Register HERE!
|How to Get Your Spouse to Agree to Mediation|
by Leah Hadley
One of the initial challenges in mediation that you may face is getting your spouse on board to give it a try.
|Montana Nursing Homes and Families Receive Assistance to Resolve Disputes|
by Kayre Chatellier
Montana Mediation Association (MtMA) received a Civil Monetary Penalty Reinvestment Grant to prevent and delay resident discharges from Montana Nursing Homes.
|3 MONTHS FREE FOR PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP & FEATURED PLACEMENT|
Join Mediate.com as a Premium Member and/or become a Featured Mediator at Mediate.com and get 3 FREE MONTHS (15 months for the annual price)! See: www.mediate.com/Services.
|FEATURED MEDIATION BLOGS
Read All Featured Blogs
|CASELOAD MANAGER: #1 Case Management Platform for Mediation, Ombuds & ODR|
Caseload Manager is now used by over 150 mediation, ombuds and ODR programs, including 5 statewide systems, NASA, the International Monetary Fund (IMF), International Red Cross, and ICANN itself! See our Representative Clients and arrange for your personal tour of Caseload Manager today!
|MEDIATION IN TODAY'S NEWS
|Cyberweek is November 18-22, 2019 - Register for FREE!|
Cyberweek this year is hosted by the National Center for Technology and Dispute Resolution. Registration is free! Visit odr.info/cyberweek to register. The agenda will soon be posted at: odr.info/cyberweek2019. Also, check out odr2019.org for information on the ODR Meeting that happened last week in Williamsburg, VA – hosted by the National Center for State Courts.
|JOBS (for Premium Members) Post New Job Listings
Read All Jobs
- Arbitration Specialist - TX
- Mediation Representative - OR
- Case Manager - CA
- Workers Comp Coordinator PA
- Restorative Justice Coordinator - CA
- Community Mediation Program Coordinator - CA
- Associate Mediation Council - CA
- Mediation Office Hospitality Clerk - GA
- Adjunct Professor of Law - Mediation - CA
- Mediator - Locations vary
- Case Manager / General Manager - NV
|MEDIATE UNIVERSITY ONLINE MEDIATION COURSES (6 Month Access - Affordable CLE/CEU) |
Check out Mediate University's affordable online mediation courses at: www.Mediate.com/University
|TRAINING AND CONFERENCE CALENDAR
- November 7-December 19 - ONLINE - Conflict Management Coaching Workshop (Virtual)
- November 7-8 - Harford CT - Two-Day Basic Interdisciplinary Collaborative Training
- November 7-9 - Boston MA - APFM - ADFP - MCFM Annual Conference "Next Generation of Innovation"
- November 12-15 - Ottawa ON Canada - Conflict Management Coaching Workshop
- November 12-14 - Dallas TX - Family Mediation (30 Hours)
- November 12-15 - Fairfax VA - Mediation Skills and Process (basic mediation training)
- November 14 - ONLINE - IOA Live Webinar: In the Room Where it Happens: Inside Ombuds Practices
- November 14-15 - Corte Madera CA - Advanced Mediation Training with Steven Rosenburg
- November 14-16 - Nashville TN - 5th Annual Fall Professional Skills Program
- November 15-16 - San Diego CA - Advanced Family Mediation Training with Woody Mosten
- November 15-16 - Houston TX - ABA Advanced Mediation and Advocacy Skills Institute
- November 18 - Toronto, ONT - FDRIO Annual Conference - Family Dispute Resolution Institute of Ontario
- November 18 - New Delhi INDIA -The India International Dispute Meet
- November 18 - Austin Area TX - Mediators & Arbitrators of America (aka Mediators of Texas)
- November 19 - ONLINE - Managing Climate Crisis Conflicts: A Decade of MBBI Work in the UN Climate Change Negotiations
- November 18-22 - Macon GA - Civil Mediation Training & Practicum
- November 19-20 - Austin Area TX - 20 Hour Child Protective Services Mediation Training
- November 19-22 - Toronto ON Canada - Conflict Management Coaching Workshop
- November 21-23 - Toronto ON Canada - Learn to Meet & Interview Children for ADR: 12 Step VCR (Reports)
- November 21 - Houston TX - Arbitration Training in Houston’s Uptown-Galleria
- November 22-23 - Houston TX - Elder and Adult Family Mediation Training
- December 2-6 - Austin Area TX - 40 Basic Mediation Training
- December 2-6 - Atlanta GA - 40 Hour Basic Mediation Skills Course
- December 2-6 - College Park MD - 40-Hour Mediation Training
- December 5-6 - Malibu CA - Women's Negotiation Academy: Creating Skilled and Sophisticated Negotiators
- December 5 - ONLINE - Co-creating Mediation Models: Adapting Mediation Practices When Working Across Cultures
- December 6-7 - Honolulu HI - Mediation and Conflict Management Master Class
- December 9-13 - Baltimore MD - December 40-Hour Basic Mediation & Conflict Transformation Skills Training
- December 10-13 - Gatineau QB CANADA - Conflict Management Coaching Workshop (French)
- December 16-18 - Austin Area TX - 30 Hour Advanced Mediation Training
Editors: Jim Melamed and Clare Fowler. We welcome comments and feedback. Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage you to write an article for This Week in Mediation. Please review our submission guidelines.
This Week in Mediation is distributed to over 16,000 opt-in mediators and ADR professionals. You can include a 100-word newsletter announcement in This Week in Mediation with a headline, link and contact information for $499. There is no faster or better way to reach the mediation and ADR fields. More information is here.