This Week in Mediation #779
May 22, 2019
Celebrating Our 24th Year Membership information
|In This Issue:
The Psychology of Conflict and the Art of Compassion • The Decision to Divorce: A Mediator’s Role • Effectively Managing Communications With Employees Generally--And In Workplace Investigations • National Mediation Policy Act Endorsed by APFM, NAFCM, ACR, MBB • Mediation News • Job Postings • Events Calendar • Blogs
|The Psychology of Conflict and the Art of Compassion (5/17/19)|
by Debra Dupree
This article is designed to shift how we manage people in emotionally intense situations.
|The Decision to Divorce: A Mediator’s Role (5/17/19)|
by Stuart Watson
While mediation is well-known as a successful and affordable method for couples to negotiate and settle a divorce or separation, mediation can also be an effective process for helping a couple make the decision to divorce.
|Save On Mediate.com Premium Membership - Ends May 31|
Save $61/yr if you join Mediate.com by May 31. See the data on why you should join!
|Effectively Managing Communications With Employees Generally - And In Workplace Investigations (5/17/19)|
by Gregg Relyea
Imagine this: As you are conducting an internal investigation of an employee complaint, you get the distinct impression that your conversation with the employee is not going well.
|Pollack Peacebuilding Systems: We Rebuild Difficult Family & Organizational Relationships Nationwide|
Know of a company or family that REALLY needs help navigating interpersonal challenges? A relationship that may be worth saving before resorting to legal mediation or financial settlements? Pollack Peacebuilding specializes and focuses ONLY on transforming cultures and rebuilding relationships in families and organizations, and we love the hard cases. We offer 10% referral fees to our referring partners. See: www.pollackpeacebuilding.com
|National Mediation Policy Act Endorsed by APFM, NAFCM, ACR, MBB|
by Jim Melamed (5/17/2019)
The Academy of Professional Family Mediators (APFM) , Association for Conflict Resolution (ACR), National Association for Community Mediation (NAFCM) and Mediators Beyond Borders (MBB) are now Sponsors of the National Mediation Policy Act! Join Mediate.com's efforts to set America on a better path at MediationAct.org.
|Statewide and Provincial Banners!|
Mediate now offers a limited number of statewide or provincial graphical banners that appear prominantly twice on every page of Mediate.com for every visitor from your selected state or province. Save 20% today! Free banner design is included with annual placements. See www.mediate.com/Banners today.
|Featured Mediation Blogs
Read All Featured Blogs
|Caseload Manager: #1 Case Management Platform for Mediation, Ombuds & ODR|
Caseload Manager is used by over 140 mediation and ombuds programs, including the IMF, International Red Cross and ICANN! See our Representative Systems and arrange for a personal tour today.
|This Week’s Mediation News (read & search All News at: www.mediate.com/Today)
Read All News
|Popular Mediate University Courses (6 Month Access - CLE/CEU credit available)
|Jobs (for Premium Members) Post New Job Listings
Read All Jobs
- Prisoner Re-entry Mediation Specialist - MD
- Education Mediation Specialist - MD
- Ombuds and Mediation Intern - NY
- Mediator - Varies
|Training & Conference Calendar
- May 29-June 1 - Toronto ON Canada - AFCC 56th Annual Conference
- May 30-31- Alicante Spain - IP Mediation Conference
- May 31 - Fort Lauderdale FL - 8hr Advanced Mediation Training (9 hrs CLE/8hrCME)
- June 1-9 - San Francisco CA - The Basics of Mediation
- June 3 - Austin Area TX 10 Hour Arbitration Training
- June 4-5 - Austin Area TX - 20 Hour Child Protective Services Mediation Training
- June 5-7 - New York NY - Advanced Commercial Mediation Training (3 Days Mandatory)
- June 10-12 - Atlanta GA - Juvenile Dependency Mediation
- June 11 - Fairfax VA - Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR): Beyond Mediation
- June 12-14 - Houston TX - Advanced Mediation: Family-Divorce-Child Custody Training
- June 13 - Houston TX - Domestic Violence for Advance Family Training required by TX legislation
- June 17-21 - Atlanta GA - 40 Hour Basic Mediation Skills Course
- June 17-21 - Oshkosh WI - 40-Hour Basic Mediation Training
- June 18-19 - Fairfax VA - Restorative Justice
- June 18-19 - Malibu CA - Appreciating our Legacy and Engaging the Future: An International Conference for Dispute Resolution Teachers, Scholars, and Leaders
- June 19-21 - Greenbelt MD - 2019 Annual Conference
- June 20-23 - San Antonio TX - Basic Mediation 4 day Course
- June 20 - Roanoke VA - Practical Conflict Resolution*
- June 20-22 - Malibu CA - 32nd Annual Summer Professional Skills Program in Malibu
- June 20 - Roanoke VA - Deep Listening Skills
- June 20-21- Dallas TX - Parent Coordinator/Parent Facilitator Training (16 hours)
- June 20 - New York NY - Selected Ethics Issues in Mediation & Settlement Negotiations
- June 21 - Tampa FL - 8 hour CME/9hour CLE Advanced Training
- June 22-30 - Berkeley CA - Ron's Mediation Training at Berkeley
- June 24-26 - San Antonio TX - Advanced Mediation 3 Day Course
- June 24-26 - Los Angeles CA - DRPA Basic Mediation Skills Training
- June 27-28 - Atlanta GA - Domestic Relations Practicum (2 days)
- June 27-29 - Fairfax VA - Family Mediation Skills
- July 9 - Fairfax VA - Domestic Violence Assessment
- July 10-13 - Atlanta GA - Juvenile Dependency Mediation
- July 11-16 - Vienna AUT - International Dispute Professional Academy
- July 12-20 - Fairfax VA - Mediation Skills and Process (basic mediation training)
- July 15-19 - Macon GA - Civil Mediation Training & Practicum
- July 15-19 - Austin Area TX - 40 Basic Mediation Training
- July 18 - Roanoke VA - Managing Difficult Conversations
|Editors: Jim Melamed and Clare Fowler. We welcome comments and feedback. Send your comments to email@example.com.
We encourage you to write an article for This Week in Mediation. Please review our submission guidelines.
This Week in Mediation is distributed to over 30,000 opt-in mediators and ADR professionals. You can include a 100-word newsletter announcement in This Week in Mediation with a headline, link and contact information for $499. There is no faster or better way to reach the mediation and ADR fields. More information is here.