EUGENE MOSCOVITCH, ESQ
Gene Moscovitch has been a full-time mediator since 1998 specializing in resolving every single type of employment matter including wage and hour class actions. His experience extends to civil rights cases, business/commercial disputes and wrongful death/ catastrophic injury matters. Prior to embarking on this second career, he was an active trial lawyer for over 25 years, having tried in excess of 100 cases.
As a mediator he draws upon this extensive courtroom experience to assist disputants in high stakes cases to evaluate pivotal evidentiary issues. In mediation, he skillfully delivers realistic insight and analysis, while always being focused on resolution. Gene’s intellect and friendly demeanor give him the ability to examine issues critically, communicate freely with both sides, and provide candid feedback when necessary. For example, when faced with a challenging civil rights matter, he draws upon his days as a Deputy Federal Public Defender when analyzing allegations of excessive force, over detention and police misconduct. His candid approach in all of the fields in which he mediates has earned him the respect of both plaintiffs and defense counsel alike.
He commented “I have been fortunate over the last 20 years to be able to work in a profession that I truly love, but more importantly where I feel I can make a difference on an everyday basis.” He is known for his warmth, humor and tenacity in getting results and is universally regarded as one of the most talented mediators in California.
LEGAL CAREER & PRIOR EXPERIENCE
- Full-time Mediator (1999-Present)
- Litigation Partner, Charlston, Revich & Williams (1994-1999), Employment Litigation Practice
- Of Counsel, Ginsberg, Stephan, Oringher & Richman (1993-1994), Commercial and Employment Litigation
- Of Counsel, Becker, Schoenfield & Wennegren (1990-1992), Employment, Trademark, and Unfair Competition
- Senior Associate, Lewis, D’Amato., Brisbois & Bisgaard (1985-1989), Legal Malpractice Department
- Sole Practitioner, Law Offices of Eugene Moscovitch (1980-1984), General Civil matters litigation with an emphasis on catastrophic Injury
- Supervising Trial Lawyer/Senior Training Coordinator, Office of the Federal Public Defender, Central District of California (1975-1979), tried approximately 60 Federal Court cases involving federal felony and white collar charges
- Litigation Associate, Wyman, Bautzer, Rothman & Kuchel (1973-1975), Commercial Litigation
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- J.D., UCLA School of Law (1973)
- B.A., cum laude, Whittier College (1968)
- Certifications, L.A. County Bar Association Dispute Resolution Training (1999), Straus Institute Pepperdine School of Law (1999-2001), Advanced Study in Mediation Master Forum (2001-2002), ABA Advanced Course on Conducting Arbitrations (2004).
- Distinguished Fellow and Immediate Past President , International Academy of Mediators (2004-present)
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Federal Bar Association of Los Angeles, California Trial Lawyers Association, Los Angeles Trial Lawyers Association, Southern California Defense Counsel, Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles, California Attorneys for Criminal Justice, Association of Conflict Resolution Professionals, International Academy of Mediators
ADR EXPERIENCE & SPECIALTIES
Employment, Wage & Hour (including class actions), Complex Business/Commercial Disputes, Civil Rights-Excessive Force, Intellectual Property, Legal Malpractice, and Catastrophic Personal Injury
ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS
- Gene has been recognized on numerous occasions by the Daily Journal as one of the “Top 50 Neutrals in California” Member Board of Governors and Executive Committee of the International Academy of Mediators
- Gene is a frequent lecturer before State and local Bar Associations, as well as plaintiffs’ attorney and defense counsel functions, on the subject of mediating and settling the most contentious of litigated cases
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
Gene enjoys international travel having visited over 75 countries, is an avid sports fan supporting his UCLA Bruins, enjoys playing Texas Holdem Poker, lover of music (especially blues and jazz) and spending time with his family and friends.