Simone Haberstock McCartney
Click here to email
Click for Full Website
2016 South Big Bend Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63117
Description of Practice
(Evening and weekend hours by appointment) Simone A Haberstock offers mediation, litigation, arbitration, parenting coordination, and cooperative law services at competitive rates. Mediation can be provided in the office or on-line. We also use financial planning tools and software to develop practical and workable financial outcomes. We believe in providing client-centered processes that help parties find their own creative, constructive and respectful solutions for family, elder/senior care, divorce, and custody matters.
- JD, Saint Louis University 1991,cum laude *
- University of Missouri School of Law (Masters of Law) LL.M.-Dispute Resolution (Fall 2013) *
- MO CPA -1985 *
- Adjunct Professor-Saint Louis University School of Law *
- Former President, Collaborative Family Law Association *
- President 2018-19, Association of Family and Conciliation Courts *
- Member- Association of Missouri Mediators *
- Preeminent AV rated (Martindate Hubbell Attorney)
- Recipient of two Young Lawyer Service Awards and two Presidential Outstanding Service Awards from the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Author, "Retirement" Missouri Bar Elder Law Deskbook
+500 hours mediation experience including cases involving business and trust interests, executive compensation, real estate holdings, trusts and other complex legal, business and financial issues, small claims litigation and rent and possession matters. Also experienced with complicated and high conflict custody and child relocation issues including academically approved research on Parenting Coordination. Have completed training in arbitration and elder law mediation and have served as lead trainer providing training to other professionals in mediation and parenting coordination.
- JD-Saint Louis University, cum laude
- LL.M.(Masters in Law)-Dispute Resolution-University of Missouri School of Law (Columbia)
- CPA-Also passed CPA examination in 1986
Mediation empowers parties to develop their own solutions with an emphasis on using financial tools and experience to find better and more workable financial solutions. Mediation and parenting coordination processes improve communication and enable parties to develop solutions which more closely meet the needs and interests of the individual and the whole family. Ms. McCartney applies over 26 years experience in family and divorce law and experience in accounting and finance to assist the parties in developing and exploring options and reaching realistic and lasting agreements.
1/2 Hour Mediation Orientation/Introduction is provided free in family matters, without charge. The Orientation increases parties' understanding of mediation and prepares parties for the first meeting. Competitive hourly rates; please contact our office for current hourly rates for mediation sessions and document preparation. Sliding Scale is available based on need. Please call for rates related to litigation, parenting coordination, facilitation and collaborative law services.
We are located on South Big Bend between Highways 44 and 40/64 (near Manchester) with easy access to St. Louis City and County, and Jefferson, St. Charles, Washington and Franklin Counties. ***After 5 p.m. and weekend mediation sessions are offered. We also offer on-line mediation services for parties who are unavailable for in-person meetings. All meetings are by appointment.
***After 5 p.m. and weekend mediation sessions are offered. We also offer on-line mediation services for parties who are unavailable for in-person meetings. All meetings are by appointment.
Areas of Practice
- Adult Family
- Civil (general)
- Cross Cultural
- Divorce (all issues)
- Divorce (parenting)
- Landlord - Tenant
- Marital Mediation
- Online Mediation
- Communication Skills Trainer
- Systems Designer
- Estate Planner
- Mediation Consultant
- Mediation Trainer
- Representational Lawyer
- Conflict Coach
- Strategic Planning
- Mediating Lawyer
- Collaborative Professional
- Online Mediator
- Parenting Coordinator