Nance L. Schick
Click here to email
Third Ear Conflict Resolution
Click for Full Website
310 East 46th Street
New York, NY 10017
Description of Practice
I am a former Human Resources Supervisor/Employee Relations Representative and litigant in a sex discrimination and sexual harassment case. I was trained in Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), and International Center for Ethno-Religious Mediation (ICERM). I served two years in a consultative status as ICERM's Main Representative to the United Nations. I am creator of the Third Ear Conflict Resolution process that is the basis of my book, DIY CONFLICT RESOLUTION.
In short, I know conflict from many angles, and I want you to be more skilled in resolving the inevitable conflicts that will arise in your job, business, and life.
THE LAW STUDIO OF NANCE L. SCHICK (n/k/a THIRD EAR CONFLICT RESOLUTION), New York, NY, Attorney/Mediator/Conflict Resolution Coach (Jun. 2003 to date).
- Mediate employment and small business disputes in industries such as entertainment, film, music, and wellness.
- Mediate personal injury and other cases for the NEW YORK STATE SUPREME COURT in Bronx County.
- Represent pro se plaintiffs in mediation of discrimination cases filed in the UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT - SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF NEW YORK.
- Coach new mediators for MediateArt program at VOLUNTEER LAWYERS FOR THE ARTS.
- Judge ABA Mediation Advocacy and FINRA Dispute Resolution Triathlon Competitions.
- Mediated hundreds of employment disputes for FORTUNE 500 corporation.
- Negotiated numerous advertising, media, player, and staff contracts in minor league pro sport.
UNIVERSITY OF LOUISVILLE, Louisville, KY, B.S., Education/Sport Administration (Dec. 1995).
|2005||Equal Employment Opportunity Commission||Mediation Training|
|2015||Financial Industry Regulatory Authority||Arbitration Training|
|2017||International Center for Ethno-Religious Mediation||Mediation Training|
No cancellation fee if notified at least five days prior to the scheduled mediation date. Charges for preparatory time are non-refundable. There is no charge for postponement.
Areas of Practice
- Civil (general)
- Cross Cultural
- Faith Based
- Labor - Management
- Personal Injury
- Restorative (Criminal)
- Restorative (Juvenile)
- Sexual Harrassment
- Victim - Offender
- Workers Comp
- Communication Skills Trainer
- Mediation Consultant
- Mediation Trainer
- Representational Lawyer
- Staff Developer
- Conflict Coach
- Strategic Planning
- Mediating Lawyer
- Collaborative Professional
- Online Mediator
- Online Arbitrator
References available upon request.
This dispute resolution professional keeps professional liability insurance.
Attachments2017 Capability Statement.pdf
2017 UN Capability Statement.pdf
The Law Studio Values.pdf