Nance L. Schick
Click here to email
The Law Studio of Nance L. Schick
Click for Full Website
310 East 46th Street
New York, NY 10017
Description of Practice
I am a former Human Resources Supervisor/Employee Relations Representative and was trained in Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), and International Center for Ethno-Religious Mediation (ICERM). I served two years in a consultative status as ICERM's Main Representative to the United Nations, and I am creator of the Third Ear Conflict Resolution process that is the basis of the book I let a consultant talk me into naming DIY CONFLICT RESOLUTION, while I was recovering from a violent assault.
In short, I know conflict from many angles, and I want you to be more skilled in resolving the inevitable conflicts that will arise in your job, business, and life.
THE LAW STUDIO OF NANCE L. SCHICK, New York, NY, Attorney/Mediator/Conflict Resolution Coach (Jun. 2003 to date).
- Mediate employment and small business disputes in industries such as entertainment, film, music, and wellness.
- Represent pro se plaintiffs in mediation of discrimination cases filed in the UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT - SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF NEW YORK.
- Coach new mediators for MediateArt program at VOLUNTEER LAWYERS FOR THE ARTS.
- Judge ABA Mediation Advocacy and FINRA Dispute Resolution Triathlon Competitions.
- Mediated hundreds of employment disputes for FORTUNE 500 corporation.
- Negotiated numerous advertising, media, player, and staff contracts in minor league pro sport.
UNIVERSITY OF LOUISVILLE, Louisville, KY, B.S., Education/Sport Administration (Dec. 1995).
|2005||Equal Employment Opportunity Commission||Mediation Training (40 hours)|
|2015||Financial Industry Regulatory Authority||Arbitration Training|
|2017||International Center for Ethno-Religious Mediation||Mediation Training|
No cancellation fee if notified at least five days prior to the scheduled mediation date. Charges for preparatory time are non-refundable. There is no charge for postponement.
Areas of Practice
- Civil (general)
- Cross Cultural
- Faith Based
- Labor - Management
- Personal Injury
- Restorative (Criminal)
- Restorative (Juvenile)
- Sexual Harrassment
- Victim - Offender
- Workers Comp
- Online Mediator
- Online Arbitrator
- Strategic Planning
- Mediating Lawyer
- Mediation Consultant
- Mediation Trainer
- Staff Developer
- Conflict Coach
- Communication Skills Trainer
- Representational Lawyer
- Collaborative Professional
References available upon request.
This dispute resolution professional keeps professional liability insurance.
Attachments2017 Capability Statement.pdf
2017 UN Capability Statement.pdf
The Law Studio Values.pdf