Alan W. Rosenak
Click here to email
Click for Full Website
Rosenak Family Mediation
Deer Creek Woods
7381 W. 133rd St., Suite 218
Description of Practice
Mediation helps you to end your family conflict respectfully, amicably and as cost effective as possible. The advantages over litigation are numerous:
1. The mediation process allows you to all "win/win," based on your goals, interests, & needs vs. various positions.
2. Where there are children this process allows you to focus on what your child needs.
3. Mediation allows for better communication, healing, respect and dignity than the fault finding and name calling in litigation.
4. You control the process and outcome, not the Court.
5. Preserves and honors families vs. tearing them apart.
6. Mediation is often more cost-effective & efficient than traditional litigation.
7. The process is confidential & discrete.
8. Mediation allows for creative, problem solving solutions vs. "cookie cutter" solutions.
9. Mediation allows you to obtain a more meaningful solution, often at a 85 - 90% resolution rate.
You may wish to consult an independent attorney of your choice to advise you regarding your final agreement.
Alan W. Rosenak, MA, JD has practiced family law and family mediation since 1986, when he started his career as an associate with J. Bradley Short & Associates. After spending 12 years as a partner with McAulay, Heyl, Kincaid and Rosenak, Alan was ready to strike out on his own and build the practice his clients have come to know and rely on.
Clients today are seeking solutions beyond litigation to resolve their legal disputes. These alternative processes — such as negotiation, mediation or the collaborative divorce method — emotionally protect children in the face of divorce, offer a greater sense of client control, and provide creative, cost-effective solutions. For over 33 years, family mediator and lawyer Alan Rosenak has utilized negotiation, mediation, and collaborative law skills to help his clients reach productive win-win solutions. As a firm believer in these more compassionate and effective methods, he is a member of both the Heartland Mediators Association, the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals and Board Member/Member of Collaborative Divorce Professionals of Kansas City.
Born in Decatur, Illinois, Alan graduated from O'Fallon High School as an Illinois Presidential Scholar and served as Student Council President. After obtaining a Masters Degree, he went on to attend Washburn School of Law, where he received his Juris Doctor with Dean's Honors. During his time there, he also served as an Associate Editor of the Law Review while working as a Legal Clerk for the Kansas Supreme Court.
During our dispute process together, I seek to provide you with a supportive and respectful atmosphere that promotes communication, constructive, and creative solutions to your problem.
Fees are sliding scale and based upon your incomes: $150 to $250 an hour.
Areas of Practice
- Adult Family
- Divorce (all issues)
- Divorce (parenting)
- Marital Mediation
- Online Mediation
- Representational Lawyer
- Mediating Lawyer
- Collaborative Professional
- Online Mediator
This dispute resolution professional keeps professional liability insurance.