Michelle C. Sullivan
Click here to email
Sullivan Law Firm, APC
Click for Full Website
100 E. San Marcos Blvd. Ste 400
San Marcos, CA 92069
Description of Practice
For over 30 years, Sullivan Law Firm, APC has been serving San Diego families by providing Family Law legal services, including Divorce Mediation, Divorce Litigation, Adoption, Collaborative Divorce, Pre-Nuptial and Post-Nuptial Agreements. We pride ourselves in always finding common sense solutions to complex legal issues.
Ms. Sullivan became a member of the California Bar in 1984, and a Certified Family Law Specialist in 1985. She served as the Assistant District Attorney for San Benito County, Hollister, California from 1984-85, and has been a successful family law attorney in her own private practice since 1988.
- Director, North County Bar Association, 2005 – 2007;
- Chair, Certified Family Law Specialists, North County, 2004;
- Director, Escondido Educational Foundation.
Ms. Sullivan's experience includes divorce litigation, mediation and collaborative law. She has been a mediator since 1994, and a founding member of the Collaborative Family Law Group of San Diego and North County Collaborative Practice. She has practiced collaborative law since 2001.
- Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA, 1983 – Juris Doctor, Honors: Phi Alpha Delta, Douglas L. Edmonds Chapter
- University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, 1980 – Bachelor of Arts, Political Science
Mediation may be the most efficient manner to resolve your differences. When you hear family and friends discuss "out of court" settlements, this may be one of the many methods that they used to arrive at an agreement. Michelle Sullivan, acting as a mediator, will not act as either party’s attorney of record but as a neutral party to facilitate discussions privately in our office. You and your spouse will be the exclusive decision makers regarding the outcome of any agreement. In arriving at a Mediated Agreement, Michelle Sullivan has found that many times the parties are able to find creative and effective strategies to resolve their differences, which would not be available through the avenues of traditional litigation. This allows the parties to custom-make their settlements to meet their and their family’s needs.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- California State Bar;
- San Diego County Bar Association;
- North County Bar Association;
- Rotary Club of Escondido;
- American Business Women’s Association;
- California Alumni Association;
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists.
Areas of Practice
- Adult Family
- Divorce (all issues)
- Divorce (parenting)
- Marital Mediation
- Mediating Lawyer
- Collaborative Professional
- Online Mediator