Click here to email
675 Bering Dr.
Houston, TX 77057
Description of Practice
- Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary
- ST BRANDS, INC., San Antonio, TX
- Vice President and General Counsel
QUANTA SERVICES, INC., Houston, TX
- Vice President and Assistant General Counsel - Litigation and Chief FCPA Compliance Officer
WASTE MANAGEMENT, INC., Houston, TX
- Acting General Counsel, Chief Compliance Counsel, Deputy General Counsel - Litigation
BAKER HUGHES INCORPORATED, Houston, TX
- PRIVATE PRACTICE (1983-1997)
Galloway, Johnson, Tompkins, Burr & Smith, Director
McGlinchey Stafford PLLC, Associate Attorney
Milling Benson Woodward LLP, Associate Attorney
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Oil & Gas and Energy Agreements
- Royalty and Future Payment Disputes
- Shareholder Class Action Litigation
- Maritime Disputes
- Software Licensing and Implementations Agreements
- Personal Injury/Property Damage
- Environmental Disputes
- Insurance Coverage
- Construction Disputes
- Intellectual Property and Patent Infringement Claims
- Executive Employment/Separation Agreements and Non-competition Agreements
Tulane University School of Law, 1983, JD, Cum Laude
A successful mediation requires that the parties, counsel and the mediator are well prepared in advance of the mediation. This may include submission and review of position papers, key pleadings, documents, motions and relevant case law.
Mediation should focus on the substantive issues, as well as the goals of the parties, which may require some discussion in advance with the parties.
A mediator should be an objective facilitator who helps the parties honestly assess the strengths and weaknesses of their positions and in some circumstances help the parties explore “outside of the box” solutions to reach common ground and resolve the dispute.
Mediations are not always successful, but could lead to partial resolutions of some of the disputes, allow parties to reevaluate an adjust expectations and lay the foundation for additional meetings to reach a final resolution.
Mediations should always be conducted in a respectful and constructive manner.
Areas of Practice
- Civil (general)
- Intellectual Property
- Oil and Gas
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Professional Fees
- Real Estate
- Workers Comp
- Mediating Lawyer
- Online Mediator
- Online Arbitrator