Julie M. Williamson
Click here to email
Conflict Resolution Services
Click for Full Website
Denver, CO 80202
Description of Practice
As a mediator, my extensive commercial litigation background enables me to sort through even the most complex issues and persevere in helping parties find acceptable resolutions. As an arbitrator, I manage the pre-hearing process efficiently, conduct hearings fairly, and issue timely and well-reasoned awards.
My litigation experience also makes me keenly aware of the costs of litigation to individuals and businesses in terms of time, money, energy, and emotions. I am committed to resolving disputes outside of the courtroom whenever possible to minimize such costs and enable parties to return their full attention to pursuing productive lives and profitable businesses.
- Mediator, Conflict Resolution Services
- Mediator,Elledge Group and Court Mediation Service of the
- Mediator, Elledge Group
- The Mediation Association of Colorado, member
- National Roster of Arbitrators, Commercial and Large Complex Panels, American Arbitration Association
- Elected by her peers to The Best Lawyers in America® for all years since 2006
- Named a Colorado Super Lawyer in business litigation 2009-2013 and in alternative dispute resolution 2014-2015
- Holds Martindale Hubbell’s highest rating of AV preeminent
- Colorado Bar Foundation-- Fellow
- Colorado Lawyers Committee--former Board Chair and member of Hate Violence Task Force
- Colorado Bar Association--active member of Ethics Committee and Legal Fee and Alternative Dispute Resolution Sections
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association
As an ADR professional, Ms. Williamson has resolved over 100 matters. Ms. Williamson has resolved disputes involving business dissolutions, franchise and license agreements, partnership agreement, limited liability companies, real estate transactions, and other claims of breach of contract and related torts. As an attorney, her litigation matters in state, federal district, and bankruptcy courts spanned such diverse areas as business dissolutions, investment fraud, insurance practices, commercial leases, bankruptcy and insolvency litigation, receivership actions, accountant malpractice, banking practices, securities and broker fraud, ERISA liability, and employee compensation and benefits.
Juris Doctorate, 1982
Order of the Coif
Lewis and Clark College
Bachelor of Arts, 1978
Summa cum laude
National Merit Scholar
Panel, Conflict Resolution Services, Inc., 3/2014- present; Member, JMW Resolutions, LLC, 2013-3/2014; Partner, Bieging Shapiro & Barber LLP, 2005-13; Partner, Hoffman Reilly Pozner & Williamson LLP, 2000-05; Partner/Of Counsel, McKenna & Cuneo, L.L.P., 1993-00; Of Counsel, Cortez Friedman, P.C., 1991-93; Partner/Associate, Sherman & Howard, 1982-91.
Admitted to Bar: Colorado, 1982; U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 1982; U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit, 1982; U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 1995. Numerous pro hac vice admissions.
Areas of Practice
- Civil (general)
- Landlord - Tenant
- Professional Fees
- Real Estate
- Trust Management
- Mediating Lawyer
References available upon request.
This dispute resolution professional keeps liability insurance.
AttachmentsColo. Lawyer June 2015 Effective Pre-Mediation Eval.pdf
The Effective Use of Experts in Mediation and Arbitration.pdf
Trial Talk Ethics in Mediation Aug-Sept 2014.pdf