Robin Graine, JD, CDFA
Click here to email
Click for Full Website
11325 Random Hills Rd
Fairfax, VA 22030
Description of Practice
Virtually Serving All of Virginia with Video Conference Mediation
Graine Mediation, the less-expensive alternative to litigation, provides divorce & custody mediation services for couples who need help negotiating their terms & drafting their settlement agreements.
Robin Graine, JD, CDFA (Certified Divorce Financial Analyst) has nearly 20 years experience as a mediator, divorce coach, divorce lawyer, & family law hearing officer. Since opening Northern Virginia's preeminent mediation service in 2009, Graine Mediation has helped hundreds of families settle their divorces.
Robin can help you:
- find effective ways to communicate
- separate emotions from finance
- make a smooth transition from married to single life
- set the stage for effective co-parenting in two separate homes
- make informed and fair settlement decisions based on the law, the tax code, financial planning principals, and latest research on the effect of divorce on children.
- financially sophisticated fact patterns
- military and federal government benefit divisions
- contested custody
- upside-down real estate matters
- out-of-state custody arrangements
- employee stock plans
- small business concerns
- retirement asset division
- "gray divorces"
- career transitions for stay-at-home moms
- cases where grounds are at issue (adultery,cruelty,dese
Prior to becoming a divorce and family mediator, Robin worked 7 years as a Divorce Attorney and Guardian Ad Litem (children's legal advocate) in the Chicago Circuit and Juvenile Court Systems. Her career also includes a 3-year judicial appointment as a Child Support and Child Abuse Hearing Officer. Since 2009, Robin Graine, JD, CDFA has owned Graine Mediation, a practice exclusively focused on Divorce and Family Mediation, in Fairfax, Virginia.
Robin has also achieved the high honor of Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA), a nationally recognized and rigorous course of study and examinations which tests knowledge of divorce-related financial planning, tax, and legal principals.
BA, Virginia Commonwealth University (1986)
|2014||Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts||Certified Divorce Financial Analyst|
|2010||Northern Virginia Mediation Service||Circuit Court-Family; Juv. & Dom. Rel.|
|2009||Northern Virginia Mediation Service||General District Court|
|1994||Center for Conflict Resolution (Chicago)||Family Mediator|
Areas of Practice
- Divorce (all issues)
- Divorce (parenting)
- Online Family/Divorce
- Online Mediation
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst
- Mediating Lawyer
- Online Mediator