Yvette Durazo is a Bilingual (Spanish/English) expert in the field of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR); mediator, facilitator, dispute system design, restorative justice facilitator, conflict coach, and trainer specializing in working with nonprofit, organizations, family business and government agencies. She earned a Masters’s Degree in Negotiation, Conflict Resolution and Peacebuilding from California State Dominguez Hills, HR Management Certification from UCSC Silicon Valley Extension, and is a credential International Coach Federation coach. She received extensive mediation (4- 32-Hours mediation certifications), including Online Mediator certification), facilitation, and conflict coaching training, including in doing an apprenticeship for the EEOC conducting mediations. Also holds certifications in Forgiveness, and Compassionate Communication (based on Marshall Rosenberg’s model of Nonviolent Communication).
Ms. She is the former ADR Program Administrator for the Alameda County California Superior Court in where she managed the court-connected mediator program and has served in various court panels as a mediator. She serves as an Executive Committee Member for the ADR Section of the Alameda County Bar Association. She is an instructor for UCSC Extension and Portland State University teaching courses for the undergraduate and adult professional students in mediation, conflict resolution, leadership, and human resource.
Ms. Durazo has over 10 years of experince as a mediator, conflict engagment expert and as an adjunct professor for National University in where she teacher courses in mediation, workplace conflict, ethics and neutrality and negotiation courses.
Over 10 Years of Experince:
- Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission- Mediated cases in Spanish and English related to discrimination and protected classes employment-related cases, Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- San Francisco Bar Association Conflict Resolution Program -Conduct mediation to prevent homelessness with tenants and landlords.
- Unitive Consulting- Mediation-Multiple mediations: employee to employee, employer to employee, HOA, Elderly Care, Divorce, partners
- San Diego County Superior Court Mediation (National Conflict Resolution Center)
- San Diego County Superior Court-SCC-South County and Central Division: Conduct mediations for litigants in civil cases-Conduct community mediations involving commercial transactions, creditor/debtor matters, TROs, BBB complaints, HOAs, personal injury, landlord/tenant, neighbors and family disputes in English and Spanish.
- San Diego Restorative Justice
2012-2015 2 124 Mediation/Facilitation process for victims and offenders throughout San Diego County. Mediation involved conducted visitation in school, homes, or office and do an information interview process before setting the case for me mediated among the victim and offender.
Facilitative and Transformative Mediation
Conflict Resolution Methedology
Dispute System Design
Conflict Managment System Design
Master Degree in Negotiation, Conflict Resolution and Peacebuilding- California State University Dominguez Hills
Human Resource Managment Certificaiton – Univesity of California Santa Cruz Silicon Valley Extension
Project Managment Certificate
International Coach Federation Associate Credential Coach
Areas Of Practice
- Adult Family
- Civil (general)
- Civil Union Dissolution
- Cross Cultural
- Estate Planning
- Faith Based
- Health Care
- Labor - Management
- Landlord - Tenant
- Neighbor to Neighbor
- Non Profits
- Online Mediation
- Online Workplace
- Postal Service
- Professional Fees
- Real Estate
- Restorative (Juvenile)
- Sexual Harrassment
- Small Claims
- Special Education
- Trust Management
- Victim - Offender
- Collaborative Professional
- Communication Skills Trainer
- Conflict Coach
- Mediation Consultant
- Mediation Trainer
- Staff Developer
- Strategic Planning
- Systems Designer
- ABA DR - ABA Section of DR
- SCMA - S. California Mediation Assoc.
- ACR - Assoc. for Conflict Resolution
- WMF - World Mediation Forum
- IACP - International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- ICC - Inst. for Christian Conciliation
- California Academy of Distinguished Neutrals (CA)
- International Ombudsman Association
- International Association for Conflict Management
- IMI - International Mediation Institute
Articles by Yvette Durazo