Mediation is a process and the sooner you get to the process, the sooner the case settles. Here’s the rub: a trained mediator knows what process to use. They don’t teach it in law school.
Education: Brigham Young University 1972; Western State College of Law,1978.
I’ve tried a lot of cases: jury trials and bench trials. I have an AV rating and bar registry of preeminent lawyers…which doesn’t mean a thing if you don’t have the natural ability to make the peace and mediate cases.
- Straus Institute Graduate (Mediating the Litigated Case).
- Member: Superior Court Arbitrator Panel, 1988 – 2017
- Judge Pro Tem, referee and mediator for the Superior Court, 1992 – 2017 – over 500 cases.
- Private ADR: Mr. Ashworth has mediated over 6,000 cases since 1986, and 5,000 of them to settlement
- Orange County Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Who’s Who in California, 1986
I am rarely directive unless the attorneys, parties and the nature of the dispute beg for guidance.
Primarily, I want the attorneys who hire me to be heard and collaborate in the settlement process that I help facilitate.
Areas Of Practice
- Civil (general)
- Labor - Management
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate
- Mediating Lawyer
- Mediation Consultant
- Mediation Trainer
Fees and Provisos
$350 per hour with a four hour minimum.
- ABA DR - ABA Section of DR