The Mediate.com Podcast, hosted by mediator Veronica Cravener, covers everything in the world of mediation. Episode 13 features Susan Guthrie and focuses on The Path for Professional Development for Mediators.
In this episode, Susan Guthrie–family law attorney and mediator in the United States, expert in online mediation, and co-founder of the Mosten Guthrie Academy for Mediation and Collaborative Training–discusses the path for professional development for mediators.
In this episode, we discuss the following:
– What mediators say they need for practice development.
– How to find opportunities for mentorship.
– The major key to success as a mediator.
– What to look for when joining a practice group for mentorship.
– How online mediation is an example of current professional development.
– Why it is critical that mediators become involved in the mediator community.
The interview season is over and you have three job offers. One is from BigLaw in Manhattan, a dazzling, dizzying opportunity coupled with a salary that (you believe) would end all of the...By Victoria Pynchon
In a famous experiment from the 1950s, social psychologist Solomon Asch demonstrated the influence a group exerts on our opinions and judgments. In this experiment, subjects would agree with the...By Diane J. Levin
When Congress decided to include, as gross income, settlements made for "non-physical" injury torts, it reduced the value of such settlements by up to 45 percent. This has been particularly...By Jeffrey Krivis