The Mediate.com Podcast, hosted by mediator Veronica Cravener, covers everything in the world of mediation. Episode 13 features Susan Guthrie and focuses on The Path for Professional Development for Mediators.
In this episode, Susan Guthrie–family law attorney and mediator in the United States, expert in online mediation, and co-founder of the Mosten Guthrie Academy for Mediation and Collaborative Training–discusses the path for professional development for mediators.
In this episode, we discuss the following:
– What mediators say they need for practice development.
– How to find opportunities for mentorship.
– The major key to success as a mediator.
– What to look for when joining a practice group for mentorship.
– How online mediation is an example of current professional development.
– Why it is critical that mediators become involved in the mediator community.
One of the few benefits of Covid may be discovery of virtual reality’s utility for dispute resolution. What was born of necessity has now become routine. Zoom appears to be...By Joe Basta
Just Court ADR by Susan M. Yates, Jennifer Shack, Heather Scheiwe Kulp, and Jessica Glowinski. Online dispute resolution (ODR) can take many different forms, but one element is always present: the...By Jennifer Shack
Washington Mediation Association President Cris Currie writes on the Mediate.com website that we should be willing to negotiate with all, including terrorists. Indeed, the premise seems to be that we...By Darrell Puls