“Does she have the right stuff? That question follows women whenever they are promoted to visible leadership positions. Her Place at the Table lays out the pragmatic moves that can help any woman in business show she has the right stuff. I encourage all women with leadership aspirations to use this book as a guide.”
—Patricia Fili-Krushel, executive vice president, Time Warner
“Women roar—they are the leaders we need in corporations today but there are still some barriers. This book will help individual women negotiate what they need to succeed as leaders and help their firms support them in their efforts. That way we all win!”
—Tom Peters, management consultant and author,Re-imagine! Business Excellence in a Disruptive Age
“This is an important book for any woman who wants to do good—for herself and for her organization.”
—Ann Richards, former Governor of Texas
“Nothing is more vital for women than learning how to negotiate from our strengths. The authors know the hurdles women face--but, better still, they show how we can overcome them.”
—Margaret Heffernan, CEO and author, The Naked Truth: A Working Woman’s Manifesto on Business and What Really Matters
"Women leaders will want this book in their briefcases. It's got all the nuts-and-bolts strategies they need to succeed. Actually, men should read this book if they hope to keep up!"
--Betty Spence, president, National Association of Female Executives
Her Place at the Table is a practical guide for any woman dealing with a demanding role. Drawing on extensive interviews with women leaders, the authors isolate five key challenges.
- but getting it can be a tricky proposition for women
- Backing--no one wants to take on a tough job without the support of major players, but you can’t take those allies for granted
- Resources--allocations don’t always square with the results expected
- Buy-In--you can’t lead if no one wants to follow, but bringing a team on board can be problematic
- Making a Difference--the value you create must be visible before it makes a difference