Bravely is on a mission to make life at work better for everyone, powering a new pillar of a best-in-class employee support model that offers individual coaching and learning to every employee. We’re growing quickly, and are proud to be part of the future of work.
We’re looking for experienced coaches to join our worldwide community of Pros and help make life at work better for employees everywhere.
As a Bravely coach, you'll coach employees around the world—partnering with them through pivotal moments in their career and helping them (and their organizations) succeed. Each and every coaching session is an opportunity to shape the future of work.
Even the best coaches need continued development and a community of like-minded professionals to grow with and learn from. Becoming a Bravely coach is an opportunity to use your skills (and develop new ones) beyond the walls of your office, on your own timeline.
As of May 2022, the hiring timeline for new coaches is approximately 6 months. Thank you in advance for your patience!
What you'll do
- Coach employees at all levels across all of Bravely's client companies
- Join a network of coaches from around the world
- Commit to a minimum of 12 hours of availability per month
- You have extensive experience as a certified professional coach, organizational ombudsman and/or HR or business leader who has coached employees in the following areas: career growth, leadership development, performance, workplace conflict, and stress.
- You are someone with high EQ who is passionate about coaching as a way to support people through whatever they are facing and deliver positive outcomes.
- You are fast on your feet, with great judgment, and the ability to partner with employees to find their best path forward.
- You are a skilled communicator and understand how to share these skills with others, teaching them how to be concise and considerate and deliver tough feedback when necessary.
Working at Bravely
As a team, we practice what we preach: we live our values, communicate openly and honestly, and actively work to cultivate an inclusive and supportive people first environment in which everyone can grow, thrive, and make meaning from their work.
We embrace diversity and equal opportunity fervently, with a strong commitment to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you require accommodation, please contact email@example.com