Phone: 925 938-2525
Judith A. Gordon
2525 Golden Rain Road, Suite #9
Walnut Creek, California 94595
(925) 938-2525, cell (510) 639-7900
Judy Gordon Mediation Services, (Oakland, CA)
A company dedicated to improving communication and relationships through mediation, training and consulting.
MEDIATOR, SENIOR CASE COORDINATOR, TRAINER/ PRESENTER
- Conduct mediations for individuals and organizations including the U.S. Post Office, the Court of Appeal, First Appellate District, California, San Mateo Contra Costa and San Francisco Superior Court ADR Programs
- Over 150 EEO employment mediations
- Specialize in workplace disputes and highly emotionally charged situations.
- Develop, market and present workshops and speeches on effective communication, conflict resolution, and customer service.
- Instructor, John F. Kennedy University, Divorce Mediation
- Adjunct Faculty, Golden Gate University
Victim Offender Reconciliation Program (Oakland, CA)
A nonprofit social service agency of Catholic Charities providing mediations between juvenile offenders and their victims.
MEDIATOR, CASE MANAGER, TRAINER
- Mediated the most complex cases.
- Motivated, supervised and evaluated over 80 volunteers.
- Managed cases - intake, tracking, reports.
- Trained community volunteers.
- Gave presentations to community groups and justice system personnel - police, probation and judicial
Conciliation Forums of Oakland
A conflict resolution organization providing free services to the community for the resolution of neighborhood problems.
SENIOR SUPPORT SPECIALIST, TRAINER
- Motivated, supervised and evaluated over 150 volunteers.
- Arranged panels, chose panelists, and followed up on resolutions.
- Trained community volunteers and trainers.
- Gave presentations on communication skills and public speaking.
Allergan Humphrey (San Leandro, CA)
A Fortune 500 corporation providing equipment and computer technology to ophthalmologists and optometrists worldwide.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST, PROGRAM ADMIN./COORDINATOR
- Supported customers in the use of computer system and application programs.
- Supervised Customer Support Specialists.
- Trained customers to use computer system and application programs.
- Gave presentations at User Group meetings.
The Computer Store of Oakland
- Developed, administered and presented classes and seminars to over 1,000
- Trained staff, salespeople, administrators and business managers.
- Organized and coordinated computer fairs, demonstrations and workshops, scheduled personnel and negotiated arrangements.
Mills College (Oakland, CA)
University of California, Berkeley
- French Language and Literature
EDUCATION AND TRAININGMEDIATION TRAINING
Completed over 500 hours of training including the following:
- Mediation Training, Conciliation Forums of Oakland
- Mediation Training - Train the Trainer, Community Boards of San Francisco
- EEO Mediation Training, U.S. Postal Service Redress Program
- Non Violent Communication Training, Marshall Rosenberg
- Overcoming Racism and Prejudice, Sheri Powers
- Mediation in the Workplace, Laura Farrow
- Master the Mediation Method, John Lemmon
- Intensive Mediation Training, Gary Friedman
- Appellate Mediation Training, Court of Appeal, First Appellate District, California
- Divorce Mediation: A Solution Oriented Approach, Phillip Ziegler
- Divorce Mediation, Nancy Foster and Jessica Notini
B.A., University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Magna cum Laude.
M.A., University of California, Berkeley.
U. C. Extension, Training and Human Resource Development.
Northern California Mediation Association, Recent Board Member, Vice President and Chair of Program Committee
Association for Conflict Resolution, (Formerly SPIDR)
The Bar Association of San Francisco, Mediation Committee
Northern California Human Resources Association
Institute of Management Consultants
American Society for Training and Development