- B.A. Hampshire College, Amherst, MA Thesis: Mediation: An Alternative to Conventional Criminal Adjudication
- J.D. Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, CA
- Diploma in Advanced International Law, McGeorge School of Law in cooperation with Salzburg University, Austria
- Program on Negotiation, Harvard Law School, Cambridge, MA Seminar: Negotiation and Dispute Resolution
- Graduate studies in mediation and negotiation at University of Massachusetts, Boston, MA
ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION EXPERIENCE:
- Experienced mediator in a wide variety of complex disputes involving employment (discrimination: sex, race, age, national origin, disability, sexual harassment, wrongful termination), business torts and breach of contract, real estate contracts and leases, communications, consumer disputes, fee disputes, legal malpractice, personal injury, premises liability
- Experience as Collaborative Attorney and Mediator for parties seeking dissolution of marriage: parenting plans, custody, support, division of assets and debts, attorney fees. Also, mediation of adult-child disputes, premarital agreements.
- Panel Mediator: CLC Mediation Program; Maricopa County Justice Court Mediation Program; U.S. Postal Service, REDRESS Program; California Department of Insurance (1995-Present); California Court of Appeal, second appellate district (2002-2005); U.S. Bankruptcy Court (1995-2005); Los Angeles and Ventura Superior Court mediation programs (1999-2005).
- Arbitrator: Attorney-Client Fee Disputes, Los Angeles, Beverly Hills and Ventura county bar associations.
- Judge Pro Tem: small claims court disputes, Ventura Superior Court
- Since 1994, in private practice as mediator in the areas of family, business and employment disputes and arbitrator of attorney-client fee disputes
- Trainer in mediation and negotiation skills at major universities and colleges
- Associate Attorney, Law Offices of Stacy D. Phillips (now, Phillips, Lerner, Lauzon and Jamra), Century City, CA
- Legal Assistant, Mosten and Wasserstrom (now, Mosten Mediation Training), Los Angeles, CA
- Director, Consumer Complaints Division, Mayor's Office of Consumer Affairs and Licensing in Boston, MA