Conjoint Professor Kim Lovegrove FAIB is Partner and Mediatior of Lovegrove Smith & Cotton Australia and New Zealand. He is a Conjoint Professor of Building Regulation at the University of Newcastle, New South Wales as well as being a Chartered Building Professional, and President Elect of the Northern Chapter of the New Zealand Institute of Building.
- Conjoint Professor Kim Lovegrove FAIB holds legal practicing certificates for New Zealand and Australia
- Has carriage of trans Tasman legal disputes
- Foremost authority in Victoria and NSW on building regulations
- Principal legal adviser to the Victorian Government on the development and implementation of the Building Act Victoria 1993
- Headed up the team that developed the National Model Building Act. The NMBA become the regulatory reform template for overhauling building regulation in Vic (Building Act), NT (Building Act) NSW (Part 4 of the EPAA). The NMBA also shaped the liability and private certification reforms in building regulation in Tasmania and SA.
- Principal legal adviser to the NSW government on the Part 4 reforms to the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act (late nineties)
- Immediate past Chairman of the Building Practitioners Board (Victoria)
- A past legal chair appointed by the Municipal Association of Victoria to preside over disciplinary matters concerning councillors and elected officials
- Practices in Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra and Auckland, and provides advice to practitioner clients in Queensland
- Past legal columnist for The Australian, Herald Sun and The Age
- Past President of the Australian Institute of Building (Victorian Chapter)
- Authored or co-authored some 15 books on construction law
- Addressed conferences on construction law in London, Ottawa, Japan, Sweden, Paris
- In March 2013 was invited by the Japanese Building Regulation review team to participate in a Japanese building regulatory review “think tank” in Tokyo as an offshore law reform expert.
- In 1997, represented the Federal Government as a guest of the Japanese Government to advise a ministerial forum on overhaul of Japanese building regulations
- Past Deputy Executive Director of the Australian Building Codes Board
- Past Assistant Director of the Division of Building Control Victoria
- Member of New Zealand Institute of Building and Australian Institute of Building New South Wales chapter
- Chartered Building Professional
Contact Kim Lovegrove