Mediation provides parties (Plaintiff and a Defendant) with an excellent chance to settle their case. But you do not want to blow it and you want to make sure you are properly prepared to handle the case. In this "litigation warrior" video Attorney Steve provides his top tips to help you reach a settlement in your mediation case, whether a Court-ordered mediation, or whether that parties have voluntarily agreed to ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution) and agreed on either binding or non-binding mediation.
For example, we discuss:
1. Checking your ego at the door
2. Being realistic about settlement atlernatives
3. The important of mediation briefs
4. How to negotiate your case
5. What the general process of mediation is
6. How to take it slow during the joint sessions and break out sessions
These are some really important legal concepts to understand before you spend time with the mediator.
Steve Vondran, Esq. ("Attorney Steve") owns Vondran legal, a business and civil litigation firm that handles contracts, trademarks, copyrights, software, social media, internet and intellectual property law. We try to make law understandable, affordable, and accessible. As we like to say "this is NOT your daddy's law firm."