How do we best support the growth of mediation around the world? This Forum shared the perspectives of panelists from Nigeria, Argentina, Russia and India who compared and contrasted their experiences with online mediation and online training in developing mediation cultures.
Additional Panelists include:
How do we best support the growth of mediation around the world? This Forum will share the perspectives of panelists from Nigeria, Argentina, Russia and India to compare and contrast the experiences of online mediation and training in developing mediation cultures. The hosts and panelists will also share their own professional observations about the transportability of online mediation and online mediation training, particularly with underserved and technically challenged populations.
Here is the recorded Global Growth Forum!
The web page for this Forum on the Global Growth of Mediation is HERE.
This web page includes:
- A more detailed description of the Global Growth Forum;
- Links to Hosts and Panelists;
- Links to 4 draft papers on Mediation in Argentina, Mediation in India, Mediation in Nigeria and Mediation in Russia (also here provided); and
- Additional "global growth" topics raised by registrants for consideration.
DRAFT Papers on National Development (4/23/21)
- Download Mediation in Argentina.pdf
- Download Mediation in India .pdf
- Download Mediation in Nigeria .pdf
- Download Mediation in Russia.pdf
Additional topics raised by registrants for consideration:
- How can we best support the global growth of online mediation?
- Rather than a universal approach to online mediation, what are appropriate regional concerns and opportunities?
- To what extent does the development of online mediation in a country require also developing face-to-face mediation services?
- To what extent does the development of online mediation in a country require also developing local and regional professional mediation organizations?
- What development of standards regarding online mediation would most benefit global online mediation development?
- To what extent is the training of mediators online likely to be accepted around the world to expand opportunities for training at lower cost?
- To what extent is the online mediation of cases likely to be adapted and expanded around the world?