Mediate.com's Task Force on Online Mediation Training is considering:
1) How the global field of mediation can most capably offer online mediation services
(what mediators need to know to effectively practice online); and
2) How the global field of mediation can most capably train mediators online.
Background information on the Task Force is posted at www.mediate.com/OnlineTraining.
Here is the schedule for Mediate's 5 Task Force Forums (all free). Registrants receive notice before each Forum with proper Zoom login information.
April 23 - How Can We Best Support the Global Growth of Mediation?
Additional Panelists include:
How do we best support the growth of mediation around the world? This Forum will share the perspectives of panelists from Nigeria, Argentina, Russia and India to compare and contrast the experiences of online mediation and training in developing mediation cultures. The hosts and panelists will also share their own professional observations about the transportability of online mediation and online mediation training, particularly with underserved and technically challenged populations.
Here is the recorded Global Growth Forum!
The web page for this Forum on the Global Growth of Mediation is HERE.
This web page includes:
- A more detailed description of the Global Growth Forum;
- Links to Hosts and Panelists;
- Links to 4 draft papers on Mediation in Argentina, Mediation in India, Mediation in Nigeria and Mediation in Russia (also here provided); and
- Additional "global growth" topics raised by registrants for consideration.
DRAFT Papers on National Development (4/23/21)
- Download Mediation in Argentina.pdf
- Download Mediation in India .pdf
- Download Mediation in Nigeria .pdf
- Download Mediation in Russia.pdf
We will be supporting an active hosted "chat" conversation during the Global Growth Forum, including referrals to resources and raising questions for hosts and panelists following presentations. The current plan is for the Global Growth Forum to have simultaneous translation to Portugese. Also note that we will be recording the Forum and will post that video link at Mediate.com.
Additional topics raised by registrants for consideration:
- How can we best support the global growth of online mediation?
- Rather than a universal approach to online mediation, what are appropriate regional concerns and opportunities?
- To what extent does the development of online mediation in a country require also developing face-to-face mediation services?
- To what extent does the development of online mediation in a country require also developing local and regional professional mediation organizations?
- What development of standards regarding online mediation would most benefit global online mediation development?
- To what extent is the training of mediators online likely to be accepted around the world to expand opportunities for training at lower cost?
- To what extent is the online mediation of cases likely to be adapted and expanded around the world?
Thanks for taking part in the Mediate.com Global Growth Forum!