This Week in Mediation #911
December 8, 2021 - OUR 26TH YEAR!
|In This Issue:
How Mediators Can Solve Tough Problems in Mediation • Manage Your Storm Shift • What Kaizen and Sir David can Teach MeMdiators About the Green Pledge • Mediation News • Job Postings • Events Calendar • Blogs
|CYBER WEEK EXTENDED TO DECEMBER 15 - 25% off all Mediate University Courses!
Cyber Week Is Here! Through December 15, Mediate.com is offering you an end-of-year 25% discount on ALL Mediate University courses (including Bundles)! This includes 6 months access!
|How Mediators Can Solve Tough Problems in Mediation
by John Lande
In a recent presentation to mediators in Michigan, I asked the audience to describe what was frustrating in their mediations.
|Northwestern University Mediation Skills Training
Develop the expertise needed to successfully resolve disputes in Northwestern’s Mediation Skills Training course, a five-day program in Chicago. Legal professionals as well as career changers can build skills for the fields of dispute resolution, arbitration and mediation.
- Build the skills needed to help parties with conflicting interests reach resolution.
- Develop an understanding of the mediation process in simulated mediations.
- Work with instructors who are experienced conflict mediation professionals.
- Learn about ethics in the field, opportunities in commercial mediation and arbitration, and how to start building a mediation practice.
|Manage Your Storm Shift
by Ronald S. Kraybill
Manage Your Storm Shift - or it will manage you. Does your behavior in conflict change sharply when you get upset?
|What Kaizen and Sir David can Teach Mediators About the Green Pledge
by Rachael Bicknell
The “Mediators’ Green Pledge”, as it has become known, has been translated into 14 languages and has over 500 signatories from over 50 countries. The purpose of the Pledge is to promote more sustainable and environmentally friendly practices with the aim of reducing our carbon footprint and our impact on the environment and climate.
|CHECK OUT OUR NEW MEDIATEUNIVERSITY.COM BUNDLES!
SAVE 25% AT MEDIATE UNIVERSITY THROUGH DECEMBER 15 USING COUPON CODE "CYBER2021"
|FEATURED MEDIATION BLOGS
Read All Featured Blogs
|LIVE - 40 Hour Basic Mediation Training with Dr. Clare Fowler
Wednesday Evenings and Saturday Mornings Jan - Mar 2021
Early registration is now available for the Live Basic 40-hour Mediation Training with Dr. Clare Fowler! This interactive course walks users through the practical steps of a 5-phase mediation process, explaining the theory and developing necessary forms in each phase. 6 hours of role play and 40 hours of CLE are included. Early registration is here. 25% off if you register by December 15 using coupon code "CYBER2021"!
|MEDIATION IN THE NEWS
Read and Search ALL the News
Send Job Announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org
- DR Student Externship - NY
- Guardian/Conservator - MN
- EEO Officer - FL
- Family Law Practice - TX
- Team Leader - NY
| Mediate has launched our new Mediate.com Podcast, hosted by mediator Veronica Cravener! Check out all episodes here: mediate.podbean.com
|TRAINING AND CONFERENCE CALENDAR
See Complete Calendar
- December 8-10 - ONLINE TX - Elder and Adult Family Mediation Training
- December 10-12 - ONLINE OK - 24 Hr Civil, Commercial, and Employment Mediation Training
- December 13-15 - ONLINE TX -30 Hour Advanced Civil/Advanced Family Mediation Training
- December 14-16 - ONLINE - New Ways for Mediation Training: A Breakthrough Approach for High Conflict Mediation
- December 17 - ONLINE - Intro to Online Mediation
- December 19-January 23 - ONLINE NJ - 40-Hour Civil Mediation Training
- December 20 - ONLINE TX - 10 Hour Basic Arbitration Training
- December 21 - ONLINE TX - 10 Hour Advanced Arbitration Training
- January 4 - ONLINE - Live Talk Tuesday
- January 5-12 - ONLINE TX - Basic Mediation Training ZOOM LIVE and INTERACTIVE
- January 12-21 - ONLINE TX -Basic Mediation 40 Hour Online Course
- January 14-28 - ONLINE ON Canada - Family Arbitration Law & Skills (40 Hours)
- January 17-20 - ONLINE TX - 40 Basic Mediation Training
- January 21-30 - ONLINE TX - 40-hour Basic Mediation Training
- January 24-26 - ONLINE TX - 30 Hour Advanced Civil/Advanced Family Mediation Training
- January 28 - ONLINE - Arbitration Training ONLINE with ZOOM
- January 29-February 13 - ONLINE CA - The Basics of Mediation
- February 4 and 18 - ONLINE - The Art & Science of Online Mediation with Colin Rule and Clare Fowler
|SAVE AT MEDIATE UNIVERSITY!
Convenient and Affordable Online Mediation Education - Over 30 Courses - 6 Month Course Access - CLE/CEU Credit - See:Group Discounts! SAVE 25% AT MEDIATE UNIVERSITYTHROUGH DECEMBER 15 USING COUPON CODE "CYBER2021"
Editors: Jim Melamed and Clare Fowler. We welcome comments and feedback. Send your comments to email@example.com. We encourage you to write an article for This Week in Mediation.
Please review our submission guidelines. This Week in Mediation is distributed to over 23,000 opt-in mediators and ADR professionals.
You can include a 100-word newsletter announcement in This Week in Mediation with a headline, link and contact information for $499. There is no faster or better way to reach the mediation and ADR fields. More information is here.