PREPARING FOR MEDIATION
As a participant in a mediation process it is important that you prepare for the mediation session. The following tips will help you prepare and ensure a more satisfactory mediation result:
1. Know the facts regarding your understanding of the contract
2. Bring documentary evidence that will support your claim.
3. Come prepared to make an informal opening statement
which presents your side of the story.
4. Make sure that those persons that are needed to resolve the
dispute are present at the mediation session and they have
authority to reach agreement on all outstanding issues.
5. Determine who you will need to bring to the mediation
session and schedule for their attendance.
6. Know your settlement requirements.
7. Think strategically but come to the mediation session with an