Leona Beane had been a Law Professor for 21 years, teaching courses in contracts, partnerships and corporations. She is currently Professor Emeritus, a practicing attorney, Mediator and Arbitrator.
She has written articles in several different areas of the law, and has lectured at several bar associations and programs. She has also written several Mediation related articles. She is the author of Chapter 26, Mediation (NYLawyers Deskbook, NYSBA).
She serves as an Arbitrator and Mediator for several different forums:
- Appointed Special Master\Mediator for the Appellate Division, 1st Department, Pre-Argument Appeal Calendar.
- ADR Neutral, Special Master, and Mediator in the Commercial Division (Supreme Court, NY County)
- Mediator and Arbitrator for the U.S. District Court, Eastern District;
- Mediator for the U.S. Bankruptcy Courts (Southern and Eastern Districts);
- Arbitrator and Mediator for Attorney Fee Disputes in the First Department.
- Mediator for the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) in New York and New Jersey.
- Mediator Roster, Superior Court, New Jersey;
- Mediator for the NY City Bar Association Mediation Program for Co-ops and Condos.
- Mediator with Safe Horizon (NYS certified).
- She is a Certified Mediator, certified by the N.C. Dispute Resolution Commission for Mediations in the N.C. Superior Court.
- She has written several articles on Mediation. She is the author of Chapter 26, Mediation in the NY Lawyers Deskbook (NYS Bar Association) 2008.
- She was Vice Chair of the Dispute Resolution Section of the N.Y.S. Bar Association (2 years) and has served on its Executive Committee for 3 years.
- She served as Chair of the Arbitration & ADR Committee at the New York County Lawyers Association for 4 years.
- She is currently chair of the ADR Committee of the New York Women's Bar Association, and serves on its Board of Directors.
Her motto is:
DON'T FIGHT! DON'T LITIGATE! LET'S MEDIATE!
New York, NY 10279
She is available to serve as a Mediator or Arbitrator in New York City, and also in Durham, N.C. area (Durham, Raleigh, Chapel Hill); she maintains a local subsidiary address in Durham, N.C.
This site managed with Dynamic Website Technology
Products and Services