| Mediate.com Certification Terms & Conditions
Mediate.com offers Certified Mediator Status to Mediate.com Premium Members who:
2. Provide and annually update complete practice information including:
- college and graduate education and all degrees earned
- professional background
- mediation and professional credentials and affiliations
- description of mediation training completed
- description of mediation practice and approach
- description of all mediation costs and fees
- specification of mediation case experience on a practice area basis
- at least one recent picture
- indication of liability insurance or not
- maintaining an ongoing professional activities log including continuing education
3. Confirm Availability of References
The Mediate.com Certified Mediator must post links to three or more references prepared to vouch for his or her mediation work, or the Certified Mediator must indicate that references are promptly available upon request.
4. Certification Standards Subject to Change
Mediate.com may change certified mediator standards upon prior notice to existing Certified Mediators.
5. Annual Update and Verification
Certified Mediators must annually update their certification information and annually verify the accuracy of all provided information.
6. Availability and Cost of Mediate.com Certification
- Mediate.com Certification is available to existing Mediate.com Premium Members only.
- Premium Members (and web site package owners) must be paying current fees to apply. This is $199/yr for Premium Membership or $599 for the web site package including Premium Membership.
- There is a $149 certification application and first year fee. $50 is refunded if you are not approved.
- Applications will be acknowledged and responded to within 30 days of submission. This response will be an approval, disapproval, request for additional information, and/or a request for a phone interview with the Mediate.com CEO. Applications will initially be approved or rejected by the Mediate.com CEO.
- Applicants may make one Request for Reconsideration per application which will first be considered by the Mediate.com CEO and then, if approval is still lacking, will be submitted to a 3 member committee of the Mediate.com Advisory Board. This committee may request additional information and/or request one or more phone interviews. Final action upon a Request for Reconsideration will be made within 60 days.
- Applicants can apply for certification once per calendar year.
- There is also a $99 annual renewal fee for Mediate.com Certified Mediators.
- Complaints against Mediate.com Certified Mediators will be reviewed and Certified Mediator status may be rescinded at any time by Mediate.com in its sole discretion.
Mediate.com Certified Mediator:
Jim emphasizes maximized problem-solving and use of the Internet. Jim has been providing mediation services and training since 1983.
PO Box 51119
Eugene, OR 97405
541 345 1456
Email: Click here | URL: http://www.internetmediator.com
While Mediate.com seeks to assist the public and specific disputants to consider complete information about a professional, neither Mediate.com nor Resourceful Internet Solutions Inc., are able to make any warranty, express or implied, regarding the quality of dispute resolution services provided by a Mediate.com Certified Mediator or by any other mediator listed in the Mediate.com Directory.
It is advised that additional inquiry be made of practitioners and references as to professional qualification to assist with specific matters. Participants are also encouraged to consider the information available at www.mediate.com/about and from other sources, including individual legal counsel, regarding alternative dispute resolution processes and selecting capable professional assistance.