Upcoming Teaching & Training
- April 25 The Impact of Gender and Culture on Communication and Negotiation, NASA, Greenbelt, Maryland
- April 26 Advanced Negotiation and Mediation Skills, Maryland Bar Association Dispute Resolution Section, Baltimore, Maryland
- April 27 Fellows Training, University of Maryland School of Law/MACRO, Baltimore, Maryland
- April 29 The Art and Science of the Apology, NASA, Greenbelt, Maryland
- June 1 The Impact of Culture on Negotiation and Mediation, Minnesota CLE, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- June 2 Strategic Negotiation, Minnesota CLE, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- June 23 - 25 Advanced Mediation, Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, California
- July 31 The Top Five - Miscommunication Across Cultures and Genders (plenary) Association for Continuing Legal Education Conference, Seattle, Washington
- August 1-6 Mediating the Litigated Case, Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, California
MORE TRAINING >>
Nina Meierding, a national leader in the field of conflict resolution, has been providing training and mediation services for over thirty years. A former civil attorney, she was the Director and Senior Mediator at the Mediation Center in Ventura, California from 1985-2007 where she mediated over 4,000 disputes. In addition, she served as a special education mediator for the California State Department of Education and has been the mediation partner and trainer for the Wisconsin Special Education System (WSEMS) since 2006.
She is now a full-time trainer (Negotiation and Mediation Training Services), professor, and conflict resolution consultant and has provided training in negotiation, communication, mediation, and culture and gender issues in almot all 50 states in the US, as well as in Canada, England, India, Ireland, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Scotland, and Sweden.
Nina customizes her trainings for businesses, courts, school districts, city, county, and federal government agencies, medical centers, corporations, bar associations, non-profit groups and universities.
Nina has taught at the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine University School of Law for over 22 years and Southern Methodist University for over 18 years. She has also been an instructor at the National Judicial College in Reno, Nevada, and the California Judicial College and is a guest lecturer at universities throughout the United States.
She is a former president of the Academy of Family Mediators and served on the Board of Directors of the Association of Conflict Resolution, the California Dispute Resolution Institute, and the Southern California Mediation Association, as well as on the Council for Distingished Advisors at Pepperdine University and the Advisory Board at Southern Methodist University and many other organizations.
She was awarded the Peacemaker Award in 1992 by the Southern California Mediation Association for her outstanding work in the conflict resolution field and in 2005 she was awarded the John Haynes Distinguished Mediator Award, an international award given by the Association of Conflict Resolution. She is an honorary fellow of the International Academy of Mediators.
(See "About Nina" for further biographical information)
Nina offers the following Training Opportunities
- Negotiation and Advanced Negotiation
- Cross Cultural Issues
- Gender Issues
- Mediation Advocacy
- Collaborative Law Training
- Corporate & Organizational Conflict Resolution
- Mediation Training - advanced training in the following areas: family, civil, special education, organizational conflict, and labor.
Trainings are customized to meet an organization's or agency's unique needs. Nina will work closely with you to tailor a specific program that qualifies for statutory requirements for state trainings for court programs or for the unique needs of your corporation.
Please see our negotiation training and mediation training pages for additional information (including the training calendar) and do not hesitate to use the contact page or email Nina at firstname.lastname@example.org so that she may respond to you directly with regards to customizing a training program to meet your needs.