This Week in Mediation #684
June 27, 2017
Celebrating Our 22nd Year Membership information
|In This Issue:
The New SHRM Competency Guidelines • Case Management for College and University Ombuds • Why Should I Mediate? • Negotiation - Part 5 • Interview with Randy Lowry • Mediation News • Job Postings • Events Calendar • Blogs
|SUMMER SALE PRICING on Premium Membership and Featured Placement ends July 5!
|I want you to know that your site brings me more business than I would have ever imagined from a third party referral site. In my first 10 months, I received 20 phones calls about my services as a result of my involvement with Mediate.com. The majority of my referrals have resulted in new business. You should be very proud of yourself! Mediate.com is a great service to the mediator community and to the general public. |
|The New SHRM Competency Guidelines|
by John Ford
Should HR professionals mediate internal workplace disputes?
|Case Management for College and University Ombuds|
by Jim Melamed and Clare Fowler
Academic (college and university) Ombuds Offices have unique needs for managing personal and case information.
|Why Should I Mediate?|
by Marcy Einhorn
If you've reached an impasse in a dispute with someone, why bother bringing in yet another person to complicate things?
|Comparative Data on Mediation Websites: Most Visited & Most Linked|
See new data from Alexa showing the most visited and most linked mediator websites.
|Interview with Randy Lowry |
This is the complete interview by Robert Benjamin with Randy Lowry, President of Lipscomb University and founder of the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine.
|Negotiation - Part 5 |
by Pete Desrochers
As in real life, negotiation “Snipers” are dangerous and calculating opponents. Snipers don’t face you head-on. They lurk in hiding or in the protection of their surroundings.
|Get More Cases with Featured Mediator Placement|
Featured Mediator Placement puts your picture, name and website at the top of every page of Mediate.com for every visitor from your local area! Special Pricing this Week! Full information is here.
|Featured Mediation Blogs
Read All Featured Blogs|
|Caseload Manager is the #1 Mediation and Ombuds Program Case Managment System!|
Caseload Manager is the most capable and affordable answer for mediation and ombuds program case management. Full information is at www.CaseloadManager.com.
|This Week’s Mediation News (read & search News at: www.mediate.com/Today)
Read All News
|Online Basic 40-hr Beginning Mediation Course at Special Price!|
Join Dr. Clare Fowler for an excellent 40-hr Basic Mediation Training for only $345! Certificate and CLE credit available. Full information is here.
|Jobs (for Premium Members) Post New Job Listings
Read All Jobs
- Mediation Ethics Lecturer - CA
- Director of ADR Services - TX
- Mediation Director - HI
- Cybercrime Director - NY
- Grievance Resolution Manager - CA
- Mediation and Facilitation Advocate - PA
- Mediator - DC
- Employee Relations Director - CA
- Adjunct Conflict Resolution - OR
- Executive Director - NY
|Affordable Online Mediation Education, CLE & CEU |
Affordable mediation training and continuing education opportunities from Mediate.com are at: www.mediate.com/University.
|Training & Conference Calendar
Visit Complete Calendar
- July 6-August 3 - Ramat-Gan, Israel - International Summer Program 2017: Identity-Based Conflict Resolution
- July 7-16 - Colorado Springs, CO - Weekend Basic Mediation Training - 40 hrs.
- July 7-9 - Colorado Springs, CO - Rocky Mountain Retreat with Ken Cloke
- July 12 - Online - Should HR Professionals Mediate Internal Workplace Disputes? with John Ford
- July 12-13 - Austin, TX - 20 Hour Child Protective Services Mediation Training
- July 13-15 - Houston, TX - Divorce & Custody Mediation Training
- July 17-21 - Macon, GA - General Civil Mediation Training & Practicum
- July 18-20 - Colorado Springs, CO - Transformative Mediation Training - 24 hrs
- July 19-20 - Austin, TX - 20 hour Elder and Adult Care Mediation Training
- July 24-28 - Colorado Springs, CO - Basic Mediation Training - 40 hrs
- July 25-27 - Newton, MA - Elder Decisions Elder Mediation Training (Adult Family Mediation Training)
- July 31-August 5 - Malibu, CA - Pepperdine's Mediating the Litigated Case
- August 3-7 - Kensington, MD - 40-hr Basic Mediation Training
- August 7-10 - San Francisco - 32nd Annual Federal Dispute Resolution Conference
- August 7-11 - Chicago, IL - Mediation Skills Training Certificate Program
- August 7-10 - Austin, TX - 40-hour Basic Mediation Training
- August 7-11 - Macon, GA - General Civil Mediation Training & Practicum
- August 11-12 - Houston, TX - Family Reconciliation & Family Intervention Mediation Training
- August 12 - Colorado Springs, CO - Interested in Becoming a Mediator? Seminar
- August 15-17 - Austin, TX - 30 hr Advanced Mediation Training
- August 17-19 - St. Johns NL, CAN - Elder Mediation Training
- August 22 - Austin, TX - 8 hr. Arbitration Training
- August 23-29 - Denver, CO - 40 hr. Basic Mediation Training
- August 31-October 5 - Online - Conflict Management Coaching with Patricia Porter
- September 5-October 4 - Online - Coaching Leaders Through Conflicgt with Cinnie Noble
- September 11-15 - Macon, GA - General Civil Mediation Training & Practicum
- September 11-15 - Colorado Springs, CO - 40-hr. Basic Mediation Training
- September 15-16 - Elmwood Park, IL - Basic Interdisciplinary Collaborative Practice Training
Editors: Jim Melamed and Clare Fowler. We welcome comments and feedback. Send your comments to email@example.com.
We encourage you to write an article for This Week in Mediation. Please review our submission guidelines.
This Week in Mediation is distributed to over 23,000 opt-in mediators and ADR professionals. You can include a 100-word newsletter announcement in This Week in Mediation with a headline, link and contact information for $499. There is no faster or better way to reach the mediation and ADR fields. More information is here.