Professional Resume - CURRICULUM VITAE OF BONNIE BLUME GOLDSAMT
- Sole Practitioner - General practice and dispute resolution, including civil litigation, general equity/probate litigation, consumer law, family law, mediation, arbitration and real estate - 1989 to date.
- Senior Associate - Steven Morey Greenberg, Esq. - Litigation, consumer law, family law, real estate - 1987 to 1989.
- Associate - Rose & DeFuccio, Esqs. - Litigation, family law , wills and estates, real estate - 1984 to 1987.
- Assistant County Counsel - Essex County, New Jersey - Governmental Affairs Section - Complex civil litigation in Federal and state courts, consumer law and litigation, review of pending legislation/resolutions/ordinances, statutory and case law and counseling to the County Executive and other county officials regarding legal issues - 1982 to 1984.
- Associate - Cole, Schotz, Bernstein, Meisel & Forman - Civil litigation,
- family law, realestate, banking, bankruptcy and estate planning -1980 to 1982.
- Law Secretary - The Hon. Herbert S. Glickman, Superior Court, Essex County, New Jersey - 1979 to 1980.
- Legal Intern - United States Attorney, New Jersey - 1978.
- Former Associate Adjunct Professor, Seton Hall Law School Center for Social Justice
- Member of the Faculty - ICLE Civil and Divorce Mediation Trainings for approximately the last ten years
- Lecturer, State of New Jersey Judicial College
- Chair, Moderator/Speaker, ADR Day New Jersey-1997 to date
- Creator/Chair/Speaker, ADR Dat Bergen County New Jersey spring 1996
- Frequent Speaker, NJ ICLE on Mediation, Arbitration and other ADR topics
- Organizer/ Moderator/ Speaker, American Bar Association Dispute Resolution Section Meeting. New York, NY, April 2009
- Moderator/ Speaker, New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators Annual Meetings
BAR ASSOCIATIONS AND OTHER AFFILIATIONS:
Women Lawyers in Bergen County
American Arbitration Association, Commercial Arbitrator
Association for Conflict Resolution, AdvancedPractitioner Member
New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators("NJAPM") (Former Officer and Board Member)
Accredited as a Commercial Mediator and Family/Divorce Mediatorby the NJAPM
Approved Civil and Divorce Mediator, New Jersey Superior Court; Approved Mediator for Federal Bankruptcy Court; and theUnited States District Court for the District of New Jersey.
- Member: Elder Law Committee; Family Law Executive Committee; CDR and Chancery Committees
BERGEN COUNTY BAR ASSOCIATION
- Trustee - 1988-1997 (three terms)
- Numerous commitees, including Chair Dispute Resolution Committee; Chair, Dispute Resolution Committee; Chair Alternative Work Schedules Committee.
- Trustee Liaison: Family Law, Elder Law and Labor Law Committees. Other Committees: Judicial Selection; Chancery;Speakers Bureau; Bergen Barrister.
BERGEN COUNTY BAR FOUNDATION
- Trustee Scholarship/student loan subcommittee; continuing legal education.
NEW JERSEY STATE BAR ASSOCIATION:
Trustee 2008 to date ( in third term)
Chair, ad hoc committee on Sponsor Policies and Procedures(current)
Chair, Dispute Resolution Section, 1999-2002
MEMBER NJBA SECTIONS AND / OR COMMITTEES;
Long Term Planning Committee
Meeting Arrangements and Programs Committee (current)
Membership and Marketing Committee
Election Committee (current)
Judicial Administration Committee (current and prior)
General Council; Past secretary, General Council Executive Committee
Alternate Work Arrangemnents Committee, Past Chair
Task Force on Alternate Work Schedules, in the Legal Profession
(Chair, Subcommittee on Lawyer Education and Resources), 1992-1993
Board of Directors Dispute Resolution Section
Dispute Resoltion Committee
WOMEN LAWYERS IN BERGEN COUNTY
- President 1985-1987; Secretary 1983-1985;
- Trustee 1983-1988; Director-at-large 1988. Committees: Program, Membership, Judiciary.
- Trustee, Jean Robertson Foundation
MASTER, GARIBALDI AMERICAN INN OF COURT FOR ADR,Board Member
OTHER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND LEGAL HONORS
- Arbitrator American Arbitration Association
- Officer and Member, Board of Directors - New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators ("NJAPM")
- Speaker/Lecturer for ICLE, New Jersey Bar Foundation, county bar associations and for numerous religious and civic organizations, including: Guardianship Association; Seton Hall Law School Forum; Montclair YWCA; Ridgewood YMCA; Federation UJA; Business and Professional Women; National Council of Jewish Women; Women Bankers Association; Passaic Rotary; Lions Club.
- Speaker - "Ask a Lawyer" Programs at NCJW, Livingston and Womens' Center, Englewood
- Nominee, Essex County "EMPLOYEE OF THE YEAR",1982.
- WHO'S WHO IN AMERICAN LAW; WHO'S WHO IN EMERGING LEADERS,
- "Working Effectively with Mediators and Clients", New Jersey Lawyer, January 15, 1996
- "How Mediation Can Work for You to Resolve YourBusiness Dispute", Commerce and Industry Magazine, February 1996
- "Complex Cases Suited for Mediation",New Jersey Lawyer, October 14, 1996*
- "Dispelling Divorce Mediation Myths",New Jersey Lawyer, September 8, 1997
- "Don't Duck, Mediate",New Jersey Lawyer, August 17, 1998
- "A Personal Tribute to Professor Jim Boskey",Mediation News (NJAPM), May 15, 2000
- "What to Do When Your Client is in Mediation, A "Top 10" List", New Jersey State Bar Association Dispute Resolution Section News, Fall 2000
- "Successful Divorce Mediation Requires Cooperation Between Attorneys and Mediators",New Jersey Lawyer, October 11, 2001
- "The Art of Negotiation: From a Mediator's Perspective",ICLE Publications
COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES/OTHER EXPERIENCES
Selected as one of "Fifty Women You Should Know" by Montclair YWCA, 1995
Member, UJA Federation, Business & Professional Women
Executive Committee, Citizens for Responsible Education, 1980 to 1983.
Chair, Montclair Concerned Citizens Association; Southwest Community Association, 1976-1978
Publisher/Editor, The Fort Greene Paper, Brooklyn, New York, 1972 to 1975.
Member, Planning Board 2, Brooklyn, 1974 to 1975.Urban Renewal, Parks and Recreation Committees.
Executive Administrator for community groups, 1970 - 1975, including Landmarks
Preservation, Friends of Fort Greene Park, YWCA, Women's Political Caucus.
Selected as one of Brooklyn's "WOMEN OF THE YEAR" 1974 by National Organization for Women ("NOW").
- RUTGERS LAW SCHOOL, Newark, New Jersey - J.D., 1979
- NEW YORK UNIVERSITY, M.A., Politics, 1971
- SARAH LAWRENCE COLLEGE, B.A., 1967
- New Jersey - 1979
- United States District Court,
- New Jersey - 1979
- United States Supreme Court - 1987
- New York - 1990
Bonnie Blume Goldsamt provides professional mediation services to Essex, Bergen and Passaic Counties,New Jersey including the towns of Verona,Montclair,Livingston,Caldwell,Milburn and Short Hills and Hackensack, Ridgewood,Tenafly, Englewood, Teaneck, Fort Lee and Westwood. Goldsamt's law practice includes family law, divorce, and civil litigation, arbitration and collaborative law.
This site managed with Dynamic Website Technology
Products and Services