The Best Interests Of The Child — Peace More Important Than Being Right
Justice Harvey Brownstone serves on the North Toronto Family Court and is the author of Tug of War: A Judge’s Verdict on Separation, Custody Battles and the Bitter Realities of Family Court. Below is a 16 minute video clip of an interview of him on TV Ontario’s The Agenda – With Steve Paikin.
After over 33 years in the public service of Canada, the last 20 of which as an executive, I retired from government in 2006 to pursue my passion to help people resolve their differences non-adversarially.
I have been trained by the best in the field in both the public and private sectors in North America:
In addition, to Carleton’s Graduate Certificate in Conflict Resolution, I hold an M.A. in sociology from the University of Toronto.
I am fluent in English, French and German.
Il me ferait plaisir de vous appuyer en médiation en français !
- Canadian Department of Justice advanced training in dispute resolution in the workplace;
- Carleton University Graduate Certificate in Conflict Resolution;
- Hofstra University Law School and the Institute for the Study of Conflict Transformation training in transformative mediation
- Carleton University’s Centre for Conflict Education and Research training in elder care mediation, and
- Ontario Association for Family Mediation approved training in domestic violence issues in mediation and arbitration
Additional articles by Arnold W. Zeman