Do some mediators scaremonger the parties at mediation in the name of reality testing?
1. BATNA, MLATNA, WATNA
2. Shaming ('well, 90% of people manage to work these things through at mediation...are you really in the 10%?)
3. Becoming evaluative
4. Trivialising differences ('will you really spend the next two years at war for the amount of difference now between you after a day in mediation?')
5. Creating doubt in every one's minds - 'well, I know how that Judge approaches these kinds of cases...'
6. Threatening parties with what lies ahead of them (costs/2am wake ups)
7. RAA (Robust Risk Analysis)