Annual Conference Agenda Now Available Click here
Register for the Annual Conference in Denver Click Here
Announcing the ACR 2015 Annual Conference - October 7-10 in Reno, Nevada
The Section's Mission is to:
- Identify and serve the professional needs of everyone practicing in the environmental public dispute resolution field.
- Organize and help guide the development of the discipline and the practice of environmental and public dispute resolution.
- Work to define the scope of our section's concerns and practice.
- Establish and maintain communication among ourselves (practitioners), providers, users and researchers in environmental and public dispute resolution.
- Create and identify joint tasks that mobilize and effectively involve volunteers and that generate financial resources.
The purpose of this Section is to support and enhance the field as a whole and to create opportunities to improve the skills of its members who are intervenors and trainers.
Members are active in environmental and public policy dispute resolution in the US and Canada. Their cases range from small group to large multiparty cases, from site-specific to regulatory negotiations.
Members include sole practitioners; staff of Provincial, Federal and State agencies; large and small NGOs; as well as student members. The Section's enormously successful mid-year conferences provide many opportunities for mutual support to enhance the professional capacities of participants. Highlights from the conferences as well as other initiatives and special interest issues are reported several times a year.