Mission and Purpose
The Association for Conflict Resolution – Central California Chapter shall promote and carry out, on a local and regional level, the
Statement of Purpose
1. Increase public understanding and acceptance of appropriate dispute resolution and collaborative decision making processes and of the role of dispute resolvers and facilitators of collaborative decision making processes, with full attention to the range of cultural values which may influence these processes.
2. Improve the structure and institutions through which dispute resolution and collaborate decision making services are provided.
3. Promote the professionalism of dispute resolvers and facilitators of collaborative decision making processes at the local, regional, national, and international levels, whether paid or volunteer.
4. Promote recruitment, training, continuing education, and skill development of persons involved in dispute resolution and collaborative decision making in all areas of society while encouraging the widest possible diversity.
5. Sponsor research leading to the development of innovative impasse resolution an collaborative decision making techniques and procedures.
6. Serve as a clearinghouse of information for research data in the fields of dispute resolution and collaborative decision making.
7. Advance the educational and professional interests of all persons engaged in the resolution of disputes and collaborative decision making processes.
8. Enhance the professional skills of mediators, facilitators, conciliators, fact finders, arbitrators, hearing officers, trial examiners, ombuds, and other dispute resolvers and facilitators of collaborative decision making processes.