Family & Divorce Mediation
More people facing divorce are turning to mediation as a user freindly process that recuces cost, both personal and financial. They say it can avoid the more confrontational approach that so often ends up taking forever with a judge ultimately making decisions for them.
Mediation is a confidential process in which the mediator helps people talk and listen to each other about what is important to them - what they each want and what they want for their chldren.
- When chldren are involved, it is a way of creating a parenting plan that is unique to parents and children's needs.
- A mediator is neutral and does not take sides.
- In mediation, people gain get a clearer understanding of their situation and a better view of each other's perspectives.
- The decisions made in mediation become the elements of their Decree after they get the advice of their attorneys.
Here are some advantages people see in mediated family and divorce matters:
- High Success Rate
- Better Results
- Less Expensive
- Both Parties Control the Outcome
- The Focus is on Concerns and Solutions
- Communication is Improved
- The Agreements are More Lasting