This Week in Mediation #675
April 26, 2017
Celebrating Our 22nd Year Membership information
|In This Issue:
Mediating in the Shadow of Faith: Personal Beliefs, The BATNA Analysis, and Dealmaking • A Pop-Up Mediation: Multi-Party Dialogue Using Mediation Brexit: A Constitutional Crisis? • 3 Things that Mediation is NOT • Mediation News • Job Postings • Events Calendar • Blogs
|Caseload Manager Helps Ombuds Offices Meet Best Practice Standards |
by Clare Fowler
Ombuds offices have elevated and unique needs for managing personal and case information and for meeting other best practice standards. Caseload Manager now supports ombuds offices meeting these best practice case management standards.
|Mediating in the Shadow of Faith: Personal Beliefs, The BATNA Analysis, and Dealmaking|
by Gregg Relyea
This is a fictional story based on fact, teaching an example about mediation.
|Are You Eligible for Mediate.com Mediator Certification?|
Mediate.com Certification is available to Premium Members and provides all of your website visitors with a clear indication of your professional standing and credibility. See www.mediate.com/Certification
|A Pop-Up Mediation: Multi-Party Dialogue Using Mediation Brexit: A Constitutional Crisis? |
by John Sturrock
On the evening of Tuesday March 28th 2017, a pop-up mediation event on Brexit took place at the Grassmarket Community Centre in Edinburgh.
|3 Things that Mediation is NOT |
by Justin Kelsey
Mediation has become a popular alternative to court proceedings, with mediators resolving disputes of all kinds there is still a significant amount of confusion about what is mediation and what can a mediator do for you.
|Send "Mediation News for the 21st Century" to Your Referral Sources|
Mediate.com offers a fantastic bi-monthly "top of the mind" newsletter service where you sponsor and customize the top of our quality newsletter to promote your practice. You can now affordably and regularly contact your referral sources and remind them that you exist! See www.mediate.com/NewsService for full information.
|Featured Mediation Blogs
Read All Featured Blogs
|Get the Most Cases with Featured Mediator Placement|
Featured Mediator Placement puts your picture, name and website at the top of every page of Mediate.com for every visitor from your area! We put you right up top, where local clients can't miss you! Full information is here.
|This Week’s Mediation News (read & search News at: www.mediate.com/Today)
Read All News
|Caseload Manager is the #1 Dispute Resolution Case Managment System|
Caseload Manager is the affordable answer for mediation and ombuds case management. Full information is at www.CaseloadManager.com. Schedule your personal tour today!
|Jobs (for Premium Members) Post New Job Listings
Read All Jobs
- Mediator - UT
- Mediation Office Manager - CA
- Case Administrator - RI
- Restorative Justice Specialist, Community Based - OR
- Labor Relations Director - MN
- Director of Student Conduct - NC
- Conflict Resolution Assistant Director - IL
- Assistant ADR Director - KY
- Mediator - CA
- Executive Director - MD
- Ombuds Admin - NY
- Magistrate - NC
|Affordable Online Mediation Education, CLE & CEU |
Affordable mediation training and continuing education opportunities from Mediate.com are at: www.mediate.com/University.
|Training & Conference Calendar
Visit Complete Calendar
- April 28 - Des Plaines, IL - Powerful Non-Defensive Communication for Collaborative Professionals
- April 28 - Miami, FL - 8 hr Advanced Mediation Training
- May 1-5 - Macon, GA - General Civil Mediation Training & Practicum
- May 1-5 - Denver, CO - 40 hr. Basic Mediation Training
- May 1-5 - New York, NY - Employment Law and Workplace Mediation Training
- May 2 - Medford, OR - Facilitating Five-Star Meetings
- May 3-5 - Newton, MA - Elder (Adult Family) Mediation Training
- May 3-5 - Orlando, FL - IDFA National Conference
- May 4-6 - Roanoke, VA - Basic Mediation Skills and Conflict Resolution
- May 4-7 - San Antonio, TX - 40 hr. Basic Mediation Course
- May 5 - Orlando, FL - Pro Se Divorce Mediation Workshop
- May 7 - Orlando, FL - Pro Se Divorce Mediation
- May 8-9 - Medford, OR - Interrupting Hate in Public Spaces
- May 9-11 - Colorado Springs, CO - Faith Conciliation Training - 24 hrs
- May 9 - St. Petersburg, FL - What business owners need to know about ADR
- May 12 - New York, NY - Securities Arbitration & Mediation Hot Topics 2017
- May 12-13 - Greenfield, MA - Facilitation Training
- May 15-22 - Dallas, TX - 40-hr Basic Mediation Traning
- May 15-19 - Chicago, IL - Mediation Skills Training Certificate Program
- May 16-20 - Los Angeles, CA - Mediating Commerical & Litigation Cases with Lee Jay Berman
- May 18-23 - Portland, ME - Certificate Program in Mediation
- May 19-21 - Kensignton, MD - 20-hr. Child Access Mediation Training
- May 19 - Salt Lake City, UT - 19th Annual UCCR Symposium
- May 19 - Boston, MA - 1st Annual Dispute Resolution Symposium
- May 19-20 - Vancouver, WA - Cultivating a Satisfying & Profitable Peacemaking Practice with Forrest "Woody" Mosten
- May 22-24 - Dallas, TX - 30-jr Advanced Mediation Training
- May 23-24 - Belleville, MI - Elder Mediation Training
- May 25 - New Brunswick, NJ - 6-hr Divorce Mediation Supplement to 40-hr Training
- May 31-June 4 - Boston, MA - AFCC 54th Annual Conference
- June 1-10 - Santa Ana, CA - 40-hr Divorce Mediation Training
- June 5-9 - Macon, GA - Domestic & Family Mediation Training
- June 6-8 - Saltzburg, AUS - Professional Skills Program from Pepperdine's Straus Institute
Editors: Jim Melamed and Clare Fowler. We welcome comments and feedback. Send your comments to email@example.com.
We encourage you to write an article for This Week in Mediation. Please review our submission guidelines.
This Week in Mediation is distributed to over 23,000 opt-in mediators and ADR professionals. You can include a 100-word newsletter announcement in This Week in Mediation with a headline, link and contact information for $499. There is no faster or better way to reach the mediation and ADR fields. More information is here.