This Week in Mediation #687
July 19, 2017
Celebrating Our 22nd Year Membership information
|In This Issue:
California Mediation Confidentiality Will End, Unless... • Dealing With Bad Connections, Inside-Out and Outside-In • Culturally Competent Compassion in Mediation • Co-Parenting • Interview with Ken Cloke • Mediation News • Job Postings • Events Calendar • Blogs
|California Mediation Confidentiality Will End, Unless...|
by Ron Kelly
Mediation confidentiality in California will end on January 1, 2019...unless YOU take action now.
|Dealing With Bad Connections, Inside-Out and Outside-In |
by Gracious Timothy & Tanima Tandon
In our respective professional lives, each of us have had a fair experience of the approach that advocates have towards in-house counsels and vice-versa.
|Culturally Competent Compassion in Mediation |
by Michelle Brenner
What does culturally competent compassion mean? Is it knowing when and to whom, male or female a hand should be offered?
|Comparative Data on Mediation Websites|
See updated data from Alexa showing the most visited and most linked mediation websites.
by Michael Scott
There are many threatening and frightening things that happen to individuals whose relationship ends up in separation or divorce. A successful divorce is one in which the parents divorce each other but do not require the child to divorce one of the parents.
|Interview with Ken Cloke |
This is the complete interview by Robert Benjamin with Ken Cloke, author and Founder of Mediators Beyond Borders, filmed as part of Mediate.com's 'Views from the Eye of the Storm' Video Series.
|Get More Cases with Featured Mediator Placement|
Featured Placement puts your picture, name and website at the top of every page of Mediate.com for every visitor from your local area! Full information is here.
|Mediation.com Refuses Refund to Family of Mediator Who Died|
by Jim Melamed
Mediation.com has once again revealed itself in refusing to offer any refund to the widow and child of a mediator who died 7 days into an alleged 2 year listing contract.
|Featured Mediation Blogs
Read All Featured Blogs|
|Caseload Manager is the #1 Mediation and Ombuds Program Case Managment System!|
Caseload Manager is your most capable and affordable answer for mediation and ombuds program case management. Full information is at www.CaseloadManager.com.
|This Week’s Mediation News (read & search News at: www.mediate.com/Today)
Read All News
|Online Basic 40-hr Beginning Mediation Course at Special Price!|
Join Dr. Clare Fowler for an excellent 40-hr Basic Mediation Training for only $345! Certificate and CLE credit available. Full information is here.
|Jobs (for Premium Members) Post New Job Listings
Read All Jobs
- Director of ADR Services - CA
- Mediation Director - ME
- Family Court Services Coordinator - CA
- State DR Director - OR
- Default Mediation Specialist - CA
- Director of Employee Empowerment - OR
- Mediation Program Manager - VA
- Labor and Employment Counsel - CT
- Conflict Resolution Professor - NY
- Mediation Ethics Lecturer - CA
- Adjunct Conflict Resolution - OR
|Affordable Online Mediation Education, CLE & CEU |
Affordable mediation training and continuing education opportunities from Mediate.com are at: www.mediate.com/University.
|Training & Conference Calendar
Visit Complete Calendar
- July 24-28 - Colorado Springs, CO - Basic Mediation Training - 40 hrs
- July 25-27 - Newton, MA - Elder Decisions Elder Mediation Training (Adult Family Mediation Training)
- July 31-August 5 - Malibu, CA - Pepperdine's Mediating the Litigated Case
- August 3-7 - Kensington, MD - 40-hr Basic Mediation Training
- August 7-10 - San Francisco - 32nd Annual Federal Dispute Resolution Conference
- August 7-11 - Chicago, IL - Mediation Skills Training Certificate Program
- August 7-10 - Austin, TX - 40-hour Basic Mediation Training
- August 7-11 - Macon, GA - General Civil Mediation Training & Practicum
- August 10-18 - Medford, OR - Restorative Justice Facilitator Training
- August 11-12 - Houston, TX - Family Reconciliation & Family Intervention Mediation Training
- August 12 - Colorado Springs, CO - Interested in Becoming a Mediator? Seminar
- August 15-17 - Austin, TX - 30 hr Advanced Mediation Training
- August 17-19 - St. Johns NL, CAN - Elder Mediation Training
- August 22 - Austin, TX - 8 hr. Arbitration Training
- August 23-29 - Denver, CO - 40 hr. Basic Mediation Training
- August 31-October 5 - Online - Conflict Management Coaching with Patricia Porter
- September 5-October 4 - Online - Coaching Leaders Through Conflicgt with Cinnie Noble
- September 11-15 - Macon, GA - General Civil Mediation Training & Practicum
- September 11-15 - Colorado Springs, CO - 40-hr. Basic Mediation Training
- September 15-16 - Elmwood Park, IL - Basic Interdisciplinary Collaborative Practice Training
- September 19-21 - Colorado Springs, CO - Conflict Coaching Seminar - 24 hrs.
- September 20-28 - Medford, OR - Restorative Justice Facilitator Training
- September 22 - Anchorage, AK - Conflict Resolution in the Workplace Training
- September 22-23 - Santa Rosa, CA - Navigating Conflict for Therapists
- September 22-24 - Kensington, MD - 20-houir Child Access Mediation Training
- September 23 - Colorado Springs, CO - Interested in Becoming a Mediator?
- September 26-November 18 - Greenfield, MA - Basic Mediation Training
- September 26-28 - Colorado Springs, CO - Workplace Medation Training - 24 hrs
- October 2-6 - Macon, GA - General Civil Mediation Training & Practicum
- October 2-6 - Denver, CO - Basic Mediation Training 40 hours
- October 4-13 - San Rafael, CA - 40-hour Mediation Training with Steven Rosenberg
- October 7-28 - Monroe Township, NJ - NJAPM 40-hour Divorce Mediation Training
- October 14 - Colorado Springs, CO - Interested in Becoming a Mediator
- October 18-21 - Eugene, OR - Restoring Focus on the Child: CADRE’s Seventh National Symposium on Special Education Dispute Resolution
- October 19-20 - Berkeley, CA - Negotiating Effective Environmental Agreements
- October 19-21 - Nashville, TN - 3rd Annual Fall Professional Skills Program (Pepperdine & Lipscomb)
- October 19-23 - Kensington, MD - 40-hour Basic Divorce Mediation Training
Editors: Jim Melamed and Clare Fowler. We welcome comments and feedback. Send your comments to email@example.com.
We encourage you to write an article for This Week in Mediation. Please review our submission guidelines.
This Week in Mediation is distributed to over 23,000 opt-in mediators and ADR professionals. You can include a 100-word newsletter announcement in This Week in Mediation with a headline, link and contact information for $499. There is no faster or better way to reach the mediation and ADR fields. More information is here.