| Exporting Contacts from Outlook
Applies to: Microsoft Office Outlook® 2003, 2007
Email addresses are needed for your recipients in one of these formats (one entry per line):
1) Name with email in brackets:
2) Name in quotes with email in brackets:
3) Only email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Including names in addition to email addresses will help reduce the number of bounces.
If you use Outlook, an easy way to get your contacts in the recommended format is to use the Import and Export Wizard. Only Contacts (one of the address lists that make up the Address Book) can be exported from Outlook.
Before you begin to export contacts, you can review the individual Contacts records to determine that both NAME and EMAIL are shown in the “Display as” field. If not, that can be corrected easily by deleting whatever is in the “Display as” field on a contact-by-contact basis and then clicking any other field (which causes “Display as” to auto-populate with name and email).
Export Contacts using the following steps:
- In Outlook, on the File menu, click Import and Export.
- Click Export to a file, and then click Next.
- Click Tab Separated Values (DOS), and then click Next.
- In the folder list, click the Contacts folder, and then click Next.
- Browse to the folder where you want to save the contacts
- Type a name for the exported file, and then click OK.
- Click Next.
- Click Map Custom Fields and choose ONLY “E-mail Display Name” (which is a subfield under “E-mail”) , and then click OK. This will result in the name followed by email address in parenthesis.
- Click Finish.
- Go to Word and open the exported file in the folder you selected. Use auto-replace to change all parenthesis to brackets to obtain the format: Jane Doe .
For more information, please CLICK HERE for Microsoft Office Instructions.
Export Your Yahoo! Mail Address Book
In Yahoo! Mail:
1. Select Options | Mail Options from the Yahoo! Mail menu.
2. Go to the Contact Options category.
In Yahoo! Mail Classic:
1. Go to Options.
2. Go to the Address Book category.
3. Select Import/Export under Management.
4. Look for Yahoo! CSV under Export and click Export Now.
5. Click Save when prompted what to do with the file download.
6. Choose the location where you want to save the Yahoo.csv copy of your Yahoo! Mail address book.